autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Touchless Wash Routines - No Contact Wash

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    I just re-visited DW UK - pre-foam sub forum. Alot of thread:conversation drop-off, akin I suppose to AGO:Autopia as like

Back in the day, there was threads over threads on various pre foams, on pretty filthy cars showing extreme before and after, and most of the gist was fairly touchless, with maybe a MF followup on some stubborn spots. They were taking makeup wipes post rinse just to show nil-none remained on paint.

I cannot recall but a good percentage of these products left zero TRF on the paint. I did end up importing all these and I chalked it up that maybe.....the product may work well *over the pond* as it's formulated for however their water is over there and it just simply did not perform well for me here simply because it just doesn't interact with the water quality of what was coming out of my tap......

Polishing, LSP aside - the most used product and process in my routine is shampoo and washing (weekly and sometimes bi-tri weekly)
    I am one of those people that firmly believes that the water we use to mix and dilute the products we use can and does make all the difference in the world in how efficacious the products are

I also think when you have geographic differences as extreme as you are quoting it could also come down to just what is on the roads over there vs over here that makes up the TRF deposits

How strict are they on cars that leak oil, ATF, etc that builds up on the roads and breaks down the asphalt and contributes to TRF

Just the sheer volume of vehicles here and the higher number of miles per year that Americans tend to drive has to come into play on how bad TRF can be here

That may sound extreme but it would help explain why something works over there and not over here

In Alaska all roads that are paved are asphalt instead of the concrete roads you can find in the southern part of the US and that's automatically got to make TRF way worse

Just thinking out loud here because my experience with BH Auto Foam was not life changing in the least

2. Likes oneheadlite, DFB, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Water is Huge...

IME, when using the same products in House A vs House B, I can tell how even something as simple as a bucket of Shampoo is different, just merely due to H20

4. Likes chilly, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I am one of those people that firmly believes that the water we use to mix and dilute the products we use can and does make all the difference in the world in how efficacious the products are

I also think when you have geographic differences as extreme as you are quoting it could also come down to just what is on the roads over there vs over here that makes up the TRF deposits

How strict are they on cars that leak oil, ATF, etc that builds up on the roads and breaks down the asphalt and contributes to TRF

Just the sheer volume of vehicles here and the higher number of miles per year that Americans tend to drive has to come into play on how bad TRF can be here

That may sound extreme but it would help explain why something works over there and not over here

In Alaska all roads that are paved are asphalt instead of the concrete roads you can find in the southern part of the US and that's automatically got to make TRF way worse

Just thinking out loud here because my experience with BH Auto Foam was not life changing in the least
    I’ve been preaching this forever and especially with some hard headed folks on DW. My outcomes are my truths…. How things come out for me.

There would be some arguments on how some products performed when truth is they were both telling the truth.

Most likely things like water hardness, minerals and whatnot in rain. What constitutes our traffic film, air pollution,our paint.…. So many different things can affect it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Texchappy, chilly liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12