autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Touchless Wash Routines - No Contact Wash

It's almost 2024 so revisiting the topic, process or mainly product availability

On the pro side, I am aware there are true touchless products.
    For the mobile guys who do trailer cabs, etc - where they employ full acid:alkaline combos, hot:neutralize, etc for their washing setup.

On the pro-sumer side, enthusiast side (and I get this question may be region:location) specific or even how ones *water* plays a role in the product.
    I know many here have raved about BH and I plan to try this again. I tried it back with Auto Foam and wasn't impressed. Maybe their touch less is truly touchless.

Do you have a specific product you use in your wash regimen that achieved a true *touchless wash* - zero contact wash needed ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Touchless Wash Routines - No Contact Wash

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    It's almost 2024 so revisiting the topic, process or mainly product availability

On the pro side, I am aware there are true touchless products.
    For the mobile guys who do trailer cabs, etc - where they employ full acid:alkaline combos, hot:neutralize, etc for their washing setup.

On the pro-super side, enthusiast side (and I get this question may be region:location) specific or even how ones *water* plays a role in the product.
    I know many here have raved about BH and I plan to try this again. I tried it back with Auto Foam and wasn't impressed. Maybe their touch less is truly touchless.

Do you have a specific product you use in your wash regimen that achieved a true *touchless wash* - zero contact wash needed ?
    I personally have never seen anything intended for auto paint that will achieve a true touchless wash on a TRULY DIRTY car

I am talking real world winter crap, not YouTube "Look at my new miracle product that got this slightly dusty car clean" dirty

If the super high alkaline soap with heated water at higher than pressure washer pressure at the 25 cent carwash won't cut real road grime WITHOUT AGITATION, then I am not sure what will

I have never been around any commercial truck washes but I understand the chemicals they use, coupled with almost steam cleaning temps and pressure will clean a big rig but fellow high end RV owners that I talked to when we were on the road said they were TOO harsh for the paint on their luxury coaches and were sorry they tried it

That's not something I would ever attempt on my car paint

True touchless cleaning is kind of a holy grail I think

3. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Likes joebruin77, oneheadlite, Silly Rabbit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree that some kind of contact wash is necessary to get a car truly clean. Imagine if you have some really dirty dishes in your sink. If you spray a dirty dish with some soap and water, it will remove some of the food particles and stains. But to actually get a dish clean, you gotta get in there with a sponge and make contact with it. IMO, same thing applies to a car.

5. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can only get away with touchless or semi touchless if you have very little traffic film and a real good coat of LSP. If you have more, you need the mitts
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

7. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No miracle product here. To properly clean a vehicle, you need AGITATION..
    2018 Colorado ZR2

9. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"Touchless wash" is a falsehood that doesn't exist. If it isn't being touched it isn't being cleaned. The difference of rinsing a used dinner plate off and putting it back in the cupboard versus actually scrubbing it and then putting it back.

That said, there are ways to rinse your car off more efficiently than others. Chemicals and water pressure helps. But I would never call it a "wash".
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

11. Likes chilly, joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree, you need to get a wash pad of some sort on the car, if you want it to be truly clean. I do, however, like the idea of using something stronger than PH nuetral snow foam to get a great deal of debris off BEFORE you put your hands on it.

13. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    I totally agree that some kind of contact wash is necessary to get a car truly clean. Imagine if you have some really dirty dishes in your sink. If you spray a dirty dish with some soap and water, it will remove some of the food particles and stains. But to actually get a dish clean, you gotta get in there with a sponge and make contact with it. IMO, same thing applies to a car.
    i want your kitchen dishwasher, mine cleans dishes with soap and water only, no mechanical scrubbing arms crawling over the pile of stacked dishes inside

I'm being a clown, but technically dishes can be cleaned with spray and soap only.....i'm with you though....when it comes to cars, as a prewash, I'm a big fan of touchless washes, but then you have really wash it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Mark View Post
    i want your kitchen dishwasher, mine cleans dishes with soap and water only, no mechanical scrubbing arms crawling over the pile of stacked dishes inside

I'm being a clown, but technically dishes can be cleaned with spray and soap only.....i'm with you though....when it comes to cars, as a prewash, I'm a big fan of touchless washes, but then you have really wash it
    You forgot extreme heat in dish washer.

I would say best way is to try and do touchless would need a high dollar steamer there is one on a video I saw used with ONR.

I would say pretreat with Bilt Hamber AutoFoam and than steam of with ONR. Then rinse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I just re-visited DW UK - pre-foam sub forum. Alot of thread:conversation drop-off, akin I suppose to AGO:Autopia as like

Back in the day, there was threads over threads on various pre foams, on pretty filthy cars showing extreme before and after, and most of the gist was fairly touchless, with maybe a MF followup on some stubborn spots. They were taking makeup wipes post rinse just to show nil-none remained on paint.

I cannot recall but a good percentage of these products left zero TRF on the paint. I did end up importing all these and I chalked it up that maybe.....the product may work well *over the pond* as it's formulated for however their water is over there and it just simply did not perform well for me here simply because it just doesn't interact with the water quality of what was coming out of my tap......

Polishing, LSP aside - the most used product and process in my routine is shampoo and washing (weekly and sometimes bi-tri weekly)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast