autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Brand new car detailing steps?

Hello,

So I’m taking delivery of a new car, which I’ve asked the dealer not to polish before delivery as I want to do it myself, but I want to make sure I follow the right steps.

Would a first wash with something like Lift or Descale (Or both) be good? Or not since no waxes or sealants on it yet?

Follow with IronX, Claying and then polish, coating?

Also does anyone know if Koch Chemie has a Descale equivalent? It seems to be easer to find Koch Chemie around my area.

thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brand new car detailing steps?

Imo no point in using deacale if your going to polish unless its riddeled with hard water mineral deposits.

Wash with lift, iron x, clay then paint correct. Then prep wipe if using a coating

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how using Descale would be a bad thing.

In addition to removing water spots as mentioned, it may also remove any other products the dealership may have put on there (or put a big dent in them) and remove any other grime that's accumulated on the paint while in transport/sitting on the lot.

Polishing will remove what has built up on the surface, but I think giving the surface a deep cleaning before polishing can't be a bad thing. LEss grime for the polisher to pick up and a cleaner surface to remove defects. I always mix up my wash solution to be a bit stronger than normal whenever I get ready to polish a car.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Valugard ABC would be the ticket. Easy, too. You have to get it directly from them. Congrats on the new car.

Post Thanks / Like

Valugard ABC is the only decontamination system I use.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Valugard ABC is the only decontamination system I use.

Is this some kind of substitute for claying, thank ?!?
    Flex 3401 & PE14

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prange View Post
    Valugard ABC would be the ticket. Easy, too. You have to get it directly from them. Congrats on the new car.
    First time hearing about this product. From what I’ve found doing a quick search, it removes the need of having to clay bar the vehicle, as well as Iron X, descale etc? Basically all in one product.

How strong is this? Is it safe on all surfaces? Reading how effective this is makes me think it’s very strong. Wouldn’t want to mess with something that can cause damage.

Post Thanks / Like

You can clay during step B if the car is really bad. I've used it on a new car. Just got to be cautious and use common sense
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I don't see how using Descale would be a bad thing.

In addition to removing water spots as mentioned, it may also remove any other products the dealership may have put on there (or put a big dent in them) and remove any other grime that's accumulated on the paint while in transport/sitting on the lot.

Polishing will remove what has built up on the surface, but I think giving the surface a deep cleaning before polishing can't be a bad thing. LEss grime for the polisher to pick up and a cleaner surface to remove defects. I always mix up my wash solution to be a bit stronger than normal whenever I get ready to polish a car.
    Its not a bad thing, just more product used and more time as well. I aim to be as effective with my time and my money, weither im doing oir personal vehicles or getting paid for it. I understand that my mindset may differ from others. To each their own though.

In my experience with descale, it has only been noticeably effective if used as a bucket wash. Lift being an higher alkiline soap should do a better job at cleaning road grime and such off.

Like i said..to each their own.

At the end of the day, if i dont have to use more products and time than nessesary then im not going to. It all adds up.

10. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Its not a bad thing, just more product used and more time as well. I aim to be as effective with my time and my money, weither im doing oir personal vehicles or getting paid for it. I understand that my mindset may differ from others. To each their own though.

In my experience with descale, it has only been noticeably effective if used as a bucket wash. Lift being an higher alkiline soap should do a better job at cleaning road grime and such off.

Like i said..to each their own.

At the end of the day, if i dont have to use more products and time than nessesary then im not going to. It all adds up.

Agreed. Descale doesn’t even make the claim that it is effective at removing road grime and traffic film. I use it as directed, to remove mineral buildup on coated cars, which it is great at or for light water spotting. I have seen Descale remove an old sealant and wax but if you’re going to polish that’s a moot point. Descale is great when used as intended but it looks like Lift or Touchless are better suited for this cleaning.

12. Likes opie liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast