autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brand new car detailing steps?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    Agreed. Descale doesn’t even make the claim that it is effective at removing road grime and traffic film. I use it as directed, to remove mineral buildup on coated cars, which it is great at or for light water spotting. I have seen Descale remove an old sealant and wax but if you’re going to polish that’s a moot point. Descale is great when used as intended but it looks like Lift or Touchless are better suited for this cleaning.
    Well said.

Touchless is stronger, in my experience. Lift is a good product dont get me wrong, it just dont have the omphh.

I do however mostly just reserve my jug of touchless for winter, thats the only time i find i need something that potent..when concerning our own vehicles that is

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

2. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Well said.

Touchless is stronger, in my experience. Lift is a good product dont get me wrong, it just dont have the omphh.

I do however mostly just reserve my jug of touchless for winter, thats the only time i find i need something that potent..when concerning our own vehicles that is

I love Touchless and Auto Foam but using them in a foam cannon takes so much product. With my pressure washer it takes 13.5 ounces to get a 4% PIR so I bought an IK Foam Pro 12 and Jerry rigged my own compressor attached to it. If my math is correct, and I hope it is since I’m a teacher, I now use 62% less Auto Foam/Touchless to achieve a 4% PIR. After two bottles of Auto Foam the Foam Pro 12 will have paid for itself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    In my experience with descale, it has only been noticeably effective if used as a bucket wash. Lift being an higher alkiline soap should do a better job at cleaning road grime and such off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    Agreed. Descale doesn’t even make the claim that it is effective at removing road grime and traffic film. I use it as directed, to remove mineral buildup on coated cars, which it is great at or for light water spotting. I have seen Descale remove an old sealant and wax but if you’re going to polish that’s a moot point. Descale is great when used as intended but it looks like Lift or Touchless are better suited for this cleaning.
    It's interesting that CarPro has so many products so similar, but slightly different in Descale and Lift. Makes it difficult to decide which to use when you need something stronger than a normal soap.

I've not used Descale personally, but my daughter just used it on her and her husband's cars recently. They had taken a beating this summer from their neighborhood sprinklers and just general neglect due to work schedules. She hit them both with a bucket wash and noticed a really big change. Most of the water spotting was removed, but she also noticed it cut through the general road grime and bugs pretty effectively and the cars looked cleaner than they have in quite a while, even when compared to bucket washing with the Griots soap they have on hand.

If I only had to one "heavy duty" soap on hand to cover all bases, I'm not sure what I'd do, based on what you all have mentioned.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    It's interesting that CarPro has so many products so similar, but slightly different in Descale and Lift. Makes it difficult to decide which to use when you need something stronger than a normal soap.

I've not used Descale personally, but my daughter just used it on her and her husband's cars recently. They had taken a beating this summer from their neighborhood sprinklers and just general neglect due to work schedules. She hit them both with a bucket wash and noticed a really big change. Most of the water spotting was removed, but she also noticed it cut through the general road grime and bugs pretty effectively and the cars looked cleaner than they have in quite a while, even when compared to bucket washing with the Griots soap they have on hand.

If I only had to one "heavy duty" soap on hand to cover all bases, I'm not sure what I'd do, based on what you all have mentioned.
    Sounds like descale worked well for your daughter, thats good. In that situation i would have prescribed the same treatment.

When im doing my prewash, im going for more of a high alkaline over acidic.

Been using up my bottle of Carpro lift. I also have two gallons of Decon from Armour Detail Supply. Once im out of lift, ill be sticking with decon.

6. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12