autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots Fast Correcting Cream + Sonax Perfect Finish?

Hello,

Noobie question; Do these two products work together, or is one or the other?

I'm a little confused because from what I've read the Griots is a correcting compound, and the other is a Finishing polish, but also has 4/6 cutting capability?

Do these work together and is it a good combination?

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Fast Correcting Cream + Sonax Perfect Finish?

I’d go with no. I use FCC quite often and it’s a heavy cutting compound. I’ve never used Perfect Finish but I read the description and it’s a one step compound. I know that it’s Esoteric Detailing’s go to for one steps. If you’re using FCC I’d pair it with something like M205 or BOSS Perfecting Cream.

Post Thanks / Like

From reading the description on Sonax's US web site, Perfect Finish seems to be a medium-cut polish you can use in one-step jobs. I'd say it is more like Griots Boss Correcting Cream.

If you're going to do a two step, I agree with the previous advice from Optimus. Go with a finishing polish like BOSS Perfecting Cream, which is one of my favorites right now. It really finishes nicely.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    I’d go with no. I use FCC quite often and it’s a heavy cutting compound. I’ve never used Perfect Finish but I read the description and it’s a one step compound. I know that it’s Esoteric Detailing’s go to for one steps. If you’re using FCC I’d pair it with something like M205 or BOSS Perfecting Cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    From reading the description on Sonax's US web site, Perfect Finish seems to be a medium-cut polish you can use in one-step jobs. I'd say it is more like Griots Boss Correcting Cream.

If you're going to do a two step, I agree with the previous advice from Optimus. Go with a finishing polish like BOSS Perfecting Cream, which is one of my favorites right now. It really finishes nicely.

Would Rupes Uno Pure be a good last step as well? So FCC + Uno Pure? I'm guessing Rupes DA Fine (Yellow) is also a Medium cut polish. So that's why I'm wondering about Rupes Uno Pure.

Post Thanks / Like

If doing a 2 step, I love Fast correcting cream, then perfecting cream, but if you really wanted Sonax for finishing, I like their 03-06 rather than the 04-06 (which is still very popular, mind).

Perfecting cream (well, all BOSS creams) has a looooong working time, and no dust. Easy to wipe off (expect really soft paint/ hi humidity).

I don't like how dry sonax polishes get compared to Griot's boss line. I like menz and jescar more than sonax, but Griot's is my go to.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I ordered some Griots Perfecting Cream to try it out.

Post Thanks / Like

You might not need anything else other than FCC. It finishes down extremely well.

Unless you are working on soft black paint, try the FCC and then inspect your results. You might just be surprised..........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    You might not need anything else other than FCC. It finishes down extremely well.

Unless you are working on soft black paint, try the FCC and then inspect your results. You might just be surprised..........
    Beat me to it. I did a guys black Mercedes and his VW Atlas and used FCC with a Lake country blue SDO pad and it finished very well. No need for a finishing polish.

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What's interesting as far as the timing of this thread is that I just watched a YouTube video by Obsessed Garage titled "What I actually use when polishing". The owner recommends FCC or Jescar correcting compound followed by Sonax Perfect Finish. For most cars he uses the Rupes yellow microfiber with the compound and the Rupes yellow foam with the polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bri26 View Post
    What's interesting as far as the timing of this thread is that I just watched a YouTube video by Obsessed Garage titled "What I actually use when polishing". The owner recommends FCC or Jescar correcting compound followed by Sonax Perfect Finish. For most cars he uses the Rupes yellow microfiber with the compound and the Rupes yellow foam with the polish.
    Is the Rupes yellow really That versatile? I’ve heard about it forever but never tried 1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast