autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Fast Correcting Cream + Sonax Perfect Finish?

I think they are. I love them.

In the past I used the Lake Country White flat and ThinPro pads as my go-to pad. After trying the Rupes yellow foam pads, I use them for everything and they are slowing replacing all my inventory as things wear out. I really like them.

I've used with both a medium and a finishing cut polish (several different brands) and on several different harnesses of paint. In every instance they finish out great. What I like about them is they have a touch more cut than my 'ole LC whites, but still finish out just as nicely when doing a one-step on just about any paint, from a Honda to a BMW with a Dodge, Toyota, and a Mazda thrown in for good measure.

I'll keep some more agressive pads around for when I might need them, but the pad is pretty versatile.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Bri26, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I think they are. I love them.
    That’s kinda how I describe the Lake Country Orange HDO foam pads. I’m going to have to try those Yellow pads next.

4. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bri26 View Post
    What's interesting as far as the timing of this thread is that I just watched a YouTube video by Obsessed Garage titled "What I actually use when polishing". The owner recommends FCC or Jescar correcting compound followed by Sonax Perfect Finish. For most cars he uses the Rupes yellow microfiber with the compound and the Rupes yellow foam with the polish.
    I have always questioned that, using Perfect Finish as finishing polish when it's basically a one-step. To me, the concept of "perfect finish" is that the product cuts and then perfectly finishes, rather than it being a "finishing" polish.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in this case, he is using a heavy cutting compound, the hitting it again with a relatively solid one-step and taking even more clear coat with it. I guess polishing rock-hard German paint requires that aggression, but he's done it softer American and Japanese paint systems too.

For the record, I'm a huge fan of Carpro Reflect as a finishing polish. Reflect produces NO DUST and offers an exceptionally easy wipe off too.

6. Likes chilly, Jackismydog, Tbonem3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It must be a pretty good combination since Esoteric is also recommending the same combo. It can be done either way as a one step or a two-step. The Sonax Perfect Finish is pad dependent so paired with the yellow fine foam pad it's going to act more as a light to medium polish but finish down with a 6 out of 6 on the gloss scale. The Griots fast correcting cream and the Jescar correcting compound are more on the light to medium cut scale as far as compounds go. So paired with the Rupes yellow fine microfiber pad, it's going to be in the heavy polish to light compound category in regard to cut. I watched a YouTube video where a guy was comparing the cut of 3D One to FCC and 3D One gave a little more cut. I know it says Fast Correcting Cream but it's not really a heavy cutting compound but a great product either way.

I would recommend starting out with a test spot using perfect Finish with the Rupes yellow foam pad which is an extremely popular combo similar to 3D One and the Buff n Shine 50/50 Uro-fiber pad. If you need more defect removal, either step up the cut of the pad or do a compounding step first.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarioSH View Post
    Hello,

Noobie question; Do these two products work together, or is one or the other?

I'm a little confused because from what I've read the Griots is a correcting compound, and the other is a Finishing polish, but also has 4/6 cutting capability?

Do these work together and is it a good combination?

Thank you!
    Yes they work together.

Perfect Finish is a medium cut polish that can be used as either a one step polish or finishing polish after a compound stage. The DA version is Sonax EX 06-06.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    I’d go with no. I use FCC quite often and it’s a heavy cutting compound. I’ve never used Perfect Finish but I read the description and it’s a one step compound. I know that it’s Esoteric Detailing’s go to for one steps. If you’re using FCC I’d pair it with something like M205 or BOSS Perfecting Cream.
    M205 is within the same range as Perfect Finish. M205 is good but it's achilles heal is soft black paint. This is where Perfect Finish will outperform M205. The only drawback is Perfect Finish is dusty.

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I have always questioned that, using Perfect Finish as finishing polish when it's basically a one-step. To me, the concept of "perfect finish" is that the product cuts and then perfectly finishes, rather than it being a "finishing" polish.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in this case, he is using a heavy cutting compound, the hitting it again with a relatively solid one-step and taking even more clear coat with it. I guess polishing rock-hard German paint requires that aggression, but he's done it softer American and Japanese paint systems too.

For the record, I'm a huge fan of Carpro Reflect as a finishing polish. Reflect produces NO DUST and offers an exceptionally easy wipe off too.

Perfect Finish leaves such a nice finish and as I stated it can be used as both a one step or finishing polish following up a compounding step. Reflect is a good finishing polish but in my experience is does dust just as much as Perfect Finish.

9. Thanks DFB, Prange thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12