Hello,

I've been getting into detailing slowly the last couple of years and thanks to this forum I've been using Sonax PNS along with BSD (mostly as a drying aid) on my cars. I've been pretty happy with that but the winters are the problem- one of my cars sits outside the other in an unheated garage. So when the cars get washed in the winter it is almost always a touchless automatic wash. To be honest even that doesn't happen that often because either it's too cold outside for even that or the roads are wet with salt water so there is no point in washing them because they will get dirty right away. In the summer I mostly use a rinseless wash, but sometimes I get out the pressure washer and foam cannon and do a more thorough decon wash.

Although I like PNS I'd like to step it up to something that can last through the winter and some of those touchless automatic washes (I always do the cheapest one with just a wash and dry, none of the options). The PNS doesn't quite make it. The obvious next step to me would seem to be Can Coat EVO, which I'm strongly considering. But then my mind starts wandering and wondering, should I just step it up to ONE or PURE? I'm guessing that Can Coat applied in the fall could make it through the winter and then in the spring I could either re-apply can coat or just use WetCoat as necessary to make it to the fall for another can coat application. From what I've read neither ONE nor PURE would likely make it much more than a year given the use of automatic car washes so I'm wondering if that's a waste of time/effort vs just using the can coat or can coat/wet coat combination? What I really want out of a coating is something that has something of a "self cleaning" property- ie, can stretch regular washes perhaps a bit and makes them easier when I do and perhaps most important makes those automatic car washes work a little better (leave less salt behind after wash) while protecting my paint. Also ease of application is a good thing and I'm definitely not interested in a two-layer product, but if a little more work gives me significant benefits over can coat, then I would certainly consider it.

By the way, I'm not set on Gyeon, but I used their product line in my question since they make Can Coat.
Thanks for any input/suggestions!