autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

AutoFiber Pole Mitt

Seeking feedback on the AutoFiber Pole Mitt

I prefer to -hand wash- as there is a reciprocal feedback on how gritty or not a panel is relative to the wash mitt you are using on it.
    It -talks- back to me letting me know if I need to rinse/get fresh shampoo on mitt, or maybe do a light pass and then come back and do a harder pass on the panel

However.......
    On the SUV, I generally using 2 step platform ladder to clean it.
    I don't like to open the door and stand on the sill of the cars - past experiences is that on some, the plastic trim is not fully supported under the -trim clips- and plastic cracks
    So platform ladder it is

I'm getting lazy these days.
    I don't even want to do the ladder.
    Who's going to see the top of the rooftop anyway ;-/

So here I am looking at the AutoFiber Mitt on a Pole and seeking feedback.
    As a data point, the top of the roof that is paint is mainly top spoiler and like 15" of panel depth. The rest is a huge PANO sunroof.
    It's more glass than paint.
    Fully PPF so the comment of -reciprocal feedback- is sorta knowing it's PPF as I consider this type of tool.
    I have a very similar tool in which I use for our exterior windows.
    Probably not the tool for me but looking for some AG to talk me into it.

---I have their Wheel Barrel---. It's interesting in that it appears to be a though out product...Not just some cookie cutter same thing, different look .
    I do like their slim approach. Too bad it's too WIDE and it makes it a single use tool. From spoke it goes in and out. Maybe 3-5 degrees of movement left and right but not much cause she got big hips

2. Likes Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AutoFiber Pole Mitt

I've been looking at something like this too.
    I have a huge minivan I just don't like dealing with the roof.

Post Thanks / Like

I too am looking at a similar type of solution. The MDX we picked up is wider than our previous SUV and I have a hard time reaching the center of the roof.

Years ago, I had a pole set-up with a soft brush. It was great for reaching the whole roof quickly and easily, but it did leave some light swirls. I'm hoping a pole with a MF mitt might work better.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the thing about the poles (again, moot issue for me, as the top of mine is mostly glass with just a sliver of paint that is PPF).

The extension in the pole itself....will have a slight downward pitch with a wet MF.
    You would be lightly -brushing- the surface of it, as there is the weight of the head, then the slight movement of the pole, etc....
    It's not really a -Autopian- tool but a utilitarian tool.
    In my OP I did state who is going to see there roof anyhow....

So just walk into it know it will probably put a bit of swirls than if one was hand washing.....just due to all these variables.
    Tradeoff is easier cleaning eh....

BTW, for those considering any branded pole setup.
    Defntaly get the ones that have a pushbutton that locks the pole in place

Adjustable Pole Lengths with the plastic bushing collars.....are Junk.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the incredipole from Microfiber Madness. It's a very solid unit, for the most part. There is a rubber pad at the end that the mitt stretches over, which I had to trim back a little to make it easier to get the mitt on. My only legitimate complaint is how heavy it gets when fully saturated. I think they have improved the design...as the current model looks nicer than mine.

Post Thanks / Like

MFM....anybody else using them. I have quite a few of their Crazy Pile.
    I can't recall any other brand but my hard used Crazy Piles seems to have -gone bad-. I've tried the boil wash, if not multiple times, etc. They just link like crazy no matter how -clean- I believe I am washing them. I know I paid a pretty penny for the MFM and tried to find even meaningless jobs like interior wipe but they just keep on shedding..

Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to discourage anyone from getting a mitt on a pole or whatever the choice is, but what I will say is that those 2 step ladders are likely the 1st problem holding your experience back. They severely limit your mobility to the area of that small footstep compared to a platform ladder which gives you 4FT. of room to move alongside the vehicle, making it alot easier to cover a large area at once. I have 2 and use both of them whenever I’m doing an SUV.

I also have a soft nylon brush on a pole that I use whenever I have to wash a lifted truck that’s impossible to reach with my arms even if I’m on a ladder.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both.....a 2 step platform ladder and a 3 step ladder. The 3rd step ladder has a wide tip base....and between these 2 options, I'd actually grab the 3 step ladder vs. the platform.
    It's more solid than my 2 step platform. The 2 step platform ain't no slouch either - it's fiberglass with an aluminum base. I just hate the way setup of the legs. It needs to get locked in order to get stable and it's just annoying -unlocking- it when done. When I've been lazy and knowingly didn't lock the legs for a quick thing...whoopsies.

Post Thanks / Like

If it was 2FT wider it might be near perfect. I hate having to drag it that extra 2ft. in order to finish each side of a roof. Especially because it tends to get your hands dirty when doing so.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Auto Fiber Mitt on a stick for about a year. I have the older pole. I do however use it on anything larger than a smaller to medium size car. I really like the pads that go on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast