autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Stepping up in SiO2 world

Ok, this long time Collinite 845 user entered with 21st century over the past 2 years.

I started with Blackfire SiO2 spray....love the stuff and so easy. Gives me that winter/summer biannual level of protection I have always wanted. New England winters require spring correction and a fresh application, while I always just add a layer in fall...correct if needed only.

I then tried Griots 3 in 1. decent but no better than the Blackfire and a bit fussy.

Then I stepped up and tried Gyeon Can Coat Evo. This stuff rocks!!! and I don't see the need to continue with either of the above. I also have Gyeon Creamic detailer now.
    So, my question is this.....what would be the next step up the ladder, staying simple but a 1x/yr coating for the prettier toys? granted when garaged, the Can Coat DOES NOT fail at all. I want it as easy as the Can Coat....tell me why your choice is better.

Second as I retired my old Mother's 1 &2, I then switched to Blackfire AIO which I just finished. Now I have a container of Blackfire Polish to try. What would be your favorite 1 step correction and why?
    2018 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Competizione Red, 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrofoglio, Alfa Rosso, 2021.5 Range Rover Westminster, Portofino Blue 2016 Maserati GTS, MC Int, Ext Campio Blue, 2013 Lotus Evora IPS, Solar Yellow; 2011 Lotus Evora S, Persian Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stepping up in SiO2 world

It doe snot get any easier that CanCoat. It is a 1 year coating. The next step is an actual coating. If you want to stay with Gyeon they have a full line of coatings from One, Pure and Mohs.

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Understood, I have visited the Gyeon website. Any major advantages in the Gyeon line ?
    Example of scenarios.
    1. My 4C is a gem, but sees track duty and with all its PPF, I see little advantage to going crazy when I'm not treating paint. Currently Can Coat
    2. My Quad is pretty damn cherry and gets used year round. Alfa Rosso Red, when freshly corrected, is stunning esp with sunglasses on!!!!! Currently Can Coat
    3. MY wife's 13 Evora is Solar Yellow, only has 6k miles, and is currently Can Coat...AMAZING LOOKING!! GETS USED SPARINGLY. Worth the upgrade??
    4. My 11 Evora is a true track car with Patina to prove it. Still has Griots 3 in 1 from last year cause motor being re built. Will keep the Blackfire SiO2 for this car.
    5. 2021 RR: Corrected with AIO and Blackfire SiO2 in spring. Cpovered and asleep till fall. Hate driving the boat in summer. Because it gets beat on all winter, it will ALWAYS get a full correction in spring...I see this as an ideal can Coat scenario.
    6. Maserati GTS: Currently Can Coat Evo. Looks amazing.

So, if I were to play with some higher end products, it could be on the GTS and/or Yellow Evora....

Mohs V One????? Why don't you call can Coat a coating? Because its so easy?
    2018 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Competizione Red, 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrofoglio, Alfa Rosso, 2021.5 Range Rover Westminster, Portofino Blue 2016 Maserati GTS, MC Int, Ext Campio Blue, 2013 Lotus Evora IPS, Solar Yellow; 2011 Lotus Evora S, Persian Blue

Post Thanks / Like

I have not used any other Gyeon coating other than MOHS EVO.....I can tell you that the application is super easy...do not think you would be disappointed with it

6. Thanks ddsski thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The next step up from CanCoat is One. Then from there it is either Pure or Mohs.

Cquartz has Lite and then UK 3.0.

There are many other good brands that have coating offerings. In the end if you are happy with CanCoat then keep on using it.

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Mohs for best beading self cleaning. Gyeon pure night quite as good in those aspects but looks better and has that CC candy gloss.

CC is considered a coating lite just due to it’s lower Sio2 content.

A “true” coating can be 50-90% solids (Sio2 left behind after carrier evaporates as I understand) where CanCoat is 25-35%.

Something like your BF spray has probably >5%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    There are many other good brands that have coating offerings. In the end if you are happy with CanCoat then keep on using it.
    Can coat is a nice product.

Your yt video of armour detail supplies coating has me wanting to try it. Just a little hesistant due to how much i like mohs and how easy it is to apply.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

So it seems like if going upscale, go Mohs cuz its better than One but no more difficult............thanks for the percentages info..............and yes, I started with the Blackfire spray. Won't bother again except to use up on the track car. 1 qt of that stuff lasts forvever...............my 845 experience came to my aid here knowing less is better..........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ddsski View Post
    Understood, I have visited the Gyeon website. Any major advantages in the Gyeon line ?

Mohs V One????? Why don't you call can Coat a coating? Because its so easy?
    If you want to step up from Can Coat, I would skip Gyeon One and look further to Gyeon Pure EVO and Mohs EVO.

Pure EVO - "Candy Gloss" is the big drawcard.

Mohs EVO - Superior slickness and water behavior.

The main thing Gyeon focused on with the EVO coatings was improved ease of application, making it ideal for novices to get their eye in. I did this myself, going with Pure EVO and found it very easy to work with. I chose Pure for the candy gloss appearance but would probably go for Mohs for the slickness next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Does using toppers like 3D Bead It Up or BF Sio2 extend the life of Can Coat or any coating for that matter?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast