autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: Resistall NG2

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Resistall NG2

I recently bought a 23 Acura RDX for the wife. Like always there’s was an included package that couldn’t be taken off. Said package is Resistall NG2, I believe, could be another one of their products. Anyways I did Google it and it’s not the best or really recommended. Her interior is parchment, while it’s nice, it’s also looks like it a dirt magnet. So the treatment was applied to the exterior and interior. From my research I feel like I need to use something better and I prefer to do it and know it was done right. So, does anyone know anything about this product? If so, do I strip the product off first before applying what I want to use? Do I just apply the new product? Also what other products do you recommend? Right now I have been using Turtle wax hybrid solutions ceramic+graphene on my tundra leather. I like it but not crazy about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Resistall NG2

You can buy ResistAll NG2 for $40/gal on ebay all day. It is ludicrous that dealers charge so much for such a product.

How far are you willing to go as far as preparation goes? Do you own any type of polisher?

I would at the very least use a different product for the exterior. I've seen dealerships ruin paintwork far too often trying to correct things and resprays are hit or miss nowadays. At least for the interior they can just replace the part most of the time, all depends on what is covered by the warranty.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, its is ridiculous what they charge, $399. There was no way out of it, so there's that. As for the exterior, I am not worried. It's a lease so not worried much about that. I do have a polisher and all sorts of stuff to do the outside. The issue is the interior which is Parchment. It's a very light beige. I don't want it getting dirty or ruined since I don't want to held liable at the end of the lease. I have never dealt with this product so I was looking for advice on how to proceed.

Post Thanks / Like

Since it is a lease and the resistall ng2 was applied by the dealer, I would just leave it as is and maintain with your interior detailer of choice. Lighter colors do seem to be more prone to showing dirt but as long as you are proactive with the maintenance you'll be fine.

If you do run into some sort of issue, simply take it back to the dealer and tell them "Hey I have this stubborn stain that won't come out and I know you guys applied something to prevent this" and they should handle it.

If you absolutely insist on using a different protectant for the interior then I can personally vouch for this product: Pinnacle Black Label Leather And Vinyl Coating

To remove the resistall product I would use a scrubbing pad/sponge such as this: Speed Master SpeedScrub Interior Scrubbing Sponge
    And a mild cleaner such as P&S xpress interior cleaner: P&S Xpress Interior Cleaner

5. Thanks pursuit2460 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Since it is a lease and the resistall ng2 was applied by the dealer, I would just leave it as is and maintain with your interior detailer of choice. Lighter colors do seem to be more prone to showing dirt but as long as you are proactive with the maintenance you'll be fine.

If you do run into some sort of issue, simply take it back to the dealer and tell them "Hey I have this stubborn stain that won't come out and I know you guys applied something to prevent this" and they should handle it.

If you absolutely insist on using a different protectant for the interior then I can personally vouch for this product: Pinnacle Black Label Leather And Vinyl Coating

To remove the resistall product I would use a scrubbing pad/sponge such as this: Speed Master SpeedScrub Interior Scrubbing Sponge
    And a mild cleaner such as P&S xpress interior cleaner: P&S Xpress Interior Cleaner
    This guy gets it. Pretty much exactly what I was going to say…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes SNP209 liked this post

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.