autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need advice for 2011 Camaro, cloth-top convertible care

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah [mention]Sizzle Chest [/mention] had tested I believe and used Adam’s Graphene spray coating on at least one of his details he posted.

I would use A convertible top cleaner (used Griots and Meguiars myself) with the RaggTopp brush to clean.

I used Gtechniq fabric on my last convertible top and got a year including the NorthWest winter (a lot of rain)

I use that stuff on everything including my shoes now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I plan on buying the RaggTopp kit (cleaner and protectant) IF she decides to have me do the car. She checked with the shop I was told about in my other thread, who is IDA rated, and they are booked until the end of August. But she would like to have the car gone over BEFORE then. So I told her that it was COMPLETELY UP TO HER, and to take a few days to think over her options, no stress or 'pushing' from me, and IF SHE wants, I will do the car for her myself, despite the hour or so drive and buy the PROPER products to correctly clean/protect her cloth top.

That was last night. Like I mentioned in the other post, this car belonged to her late father and she bought it from her mother and CHERISHES it and it is only driven on nice days. She is also a member of the same Camaro Club I belong to, so that in itself makes me want to help her out. Too she commented to me that she "needs to learn" how to take care of the car herself, so IF I detail the car, I will offer to let her watch and explain to her each step/the How's and Why's, so maybe she will decide that maintenance, once the car is fully detailed IS something she will be able to do herself.

I really hope she does think it over seriously and even if she decides to have someone else detail the car, I will still offer any advice I can. I just want her to be comfortable with her choice. After all to her, I am just a guy on FB, who's only "qualifications" are a few videos on YouTube. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

2. Thanks Texchappy thanked for this post
    Likes Texchappy, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

4. Thanks Don M thanked for this post
    Likes bill walsh, Don M liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12