autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Minimum Effort, Maximum Effect?

Aloha All!

I do not enjoy washing cars, unfortunately. I find it to be more a chore I have to get done than something I want to do. It's the contact part that I do not enjoy. I have a lot of back pain and pretty bad GERD. I just bought a new car and I really want to take proper care of it. I just got it detailed and some protections put on from Ceramic Pro: KAVACA tint, KAVACA PPF on the front end and Ultimate ION coating.

The idea behind getting the ceramic coating was to hopefully reduce the amount of effort/time it takes to properly care for my car. Since I've put a fair amount of $ into it now, I am willing to do the work to do it right, but I do want to do the minimum necessary for this. In other words, I am not an enthusiast who just wants to do it for fun, I want to do it right, but nothing that isn't important.

I was looking for info on how to do it right and so far the video I like best is this one. I already have a blower, pressure cleaner (1600 psi) and buckets with grit guards. I'd need to buy the pump sprayer, foam cannon and chemicals. I've broken down the video into what I see as (10) steps to do a proper cleaning. I also didn't want to buy a bunch of different chemicals from different sites/manufacturers, so I did more research and it seems like I can get everything from CARPRO. Below I've listed the steps, application methods and the CARPRO product (along with others he mentions for comparison, to verify I have the correct CARPRO product).

My hope is to be able to do a contactless wash most of the time. If/when it gets really first, I can use a 2 bucket method to do the wash (step 6) when it's necessary, but I otherwise want to keep it as quick/effortless as possible. I'll also get 4 separate bottles with caps for the foam cannon so I can easily switch chemicals and rinse. What do you all think? Do I have the right CARPRO products for each step?

1) Prerinse & Rinse
    Use Goizper iK Multi PRO 2 Pump Sprayer to apply:
    CARPRO ECH20 (1:200 dilution)
    Optimum No Rise

2) Wheels & Tires: Clean & Rinse
    Use MTM Hydro PF22.2 foam cannon to apply:
    CARPRO MultiX (1:10 dilution)
    P&S - Break Buster

3) Paint: Prewash & Rinse
    CARPRO Lift (1:10 dilution)
    Adam's Mega Foam

4) Paint: Wash & Rinse
    CARPRO Reset (1:9 dilution)
    Gyeon Restart Wash

5) Paint/Glass/Wheels: Protection & Drying Aid
    CARPRO HydrO2 Foam (1:9 dilution)
    P&S Bead Maker

6) Dry
    Leaf blower

7) Glass
    Use microfiber cloth to apply:
    CARPRO Clarify
    Stoner Invisible Glass

8) Tire Shine & Protection
    Use Adam's Hex Grip Pro Applicator to apply:
    CARPRO DarkSide or Perl
    Chemical Guys VRP

9) Interior: Clean & Protect
    Use microfiber cloth to apply:
    CARPRO InnerQD
    Adam's Interior Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Minimum Effort, Maximum Effect?

How often do you expect to wash your vehicle? Is the vehicle garage kept or does it sit outside?

Post Thanks / Like

Minimum Effort, Maximum Effect?

I don’t know about you but if I go through a touch free wash my car does not come out clean enough to my liking. Nothing touchless by hand is going to work better than a touchless drive through.

Unless slightly dusty and done 3 to 4 times every couple of weeks…..touch free is just not a thing spent a lot of time down that rabbit hole.

Closest I’ve come is Bilt Hamber AutoFoam. Gets it 80-85%. clean but is a high PH wash. 13-14.

Using this all the time for a touchless wash will shorten life of coatings.

If you wanna go this route just expect to recoat around a year or two. About time swirls will build up and repolish anyways.

Oh also I would ditch Multi X for Bilt Hamber AutoFoam or Touch-less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes DanaDetailingPros, opie liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want an easier way to clean a car just use a rinseless, 1 bucket and a rinseless sponge.

If the car is relatively dirty do some kind of pre-wash - Pressure washer or hose, pre-treat with an APC or similar etc

It's pretty relaxing and simple.

2. I wouldn't waste multix in a foam cannon for wheels personally. Just use a regular pump sprayer or something cut 1:9.

One more thing that's a lot of chemicals and steps! I would be bored silly haha

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with crack, touchless is ok for in between weekly/bi weekly maintance washes. If thats all you are going to do then you just wasted your money on that coating.

Ive recently seen it first hand with a friends truck.

Using a blower to dry works, but in my experience it will just lead to a buildup of mineral deposits because it is unable to remove all the water b4 it drys.

Thats why i started and continue to do rinseless washes.

Keep it simple no need for a million different products.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

8. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post