autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wheel Well tools of choice ?

Quote Originally Posted by Prange View Post
    Pressure washer only for me. Dodge Charger with large wheel/tire assemblies. Wheels are 20x9.5 and 20x11 with 275/40 and 315/35 tires respectively. It also has fabric wheel well liners. Without pulling the wheels, it’s all I can get between the tire and well.
    This or the hose on high is typically all I do too. On the SUV the rear well is carpeted so you really can only blast away the dirt and debris. On my cars, they both sit too low to really fit anything between the tire and the well, and you can't see up in there anyway.

I also don't spend a lot of time/effort/product on wheel wells from a practicality standpoint either. Unlike the exterior surfaces which might stay clean for a few days depending on weather, wheel wells seem to get dirty the minute you drive down the street. I tried doing mine a couple times on SUV, but after the first trip out of the neighborhood you couldn't tell I'd done anything at all.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    Coatings and DFB, my tool of choice as well.
    I went and ordered it after seeing Sandro use one in a video. One of the best purchases I have ever made!

Post Thanks / Like

DFB -

I am hijacking my own thread as I cannot find the one you posted with the pic of TRC Wheel Mitt.
    Looks small. Does it allow one to get ones hand in there and easily finesse the backside of the spokes, etc

Post Thanks / Like

depends on the vehicle. i use both short handle/long handle angled brushes. you can also turn the steering wheel all the way to one side or the other which helps to get inside the wells too...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    DFB -

I am hijacking my own thread as I cannot find the one you posted with the pic of TRC Wheel Mitt.
    Looks small. Does it allow one to get ones hand in there and easily finesse the backside of the spokes, etc
    Have some from another mfg but guessing they’re all pretty much the same. Quite handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered it just because I'm detailing BORED....

But the wheels is the only reason I am slowing dwindling/using up my hand picked sheepskin mitt stash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Have some from another mfg but guessing they’re all pretty much the same. Quite handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Ha! Literally just bought one like that, Detail Popo and it's mint. Just recieved it, haven't even had a chance to take it out of the bag yet.

9. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you guys handle wheel wells with minimal space due to lowered or factory low suspension?

I use the Speedmaster wheel brushes from here. But some wheel wells and backsides of wheels destroy my hands and arms.

On that note, how do you guys dress the cleaned wheel wells? I've been using undiluted PERL and spray it in. I hate the fabric liners as they never look clean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    How do you guys handle wheel wells with minimal space due to lowered or factory low suspension?

I use the Speedmaster wheel brushes from here. But some wheel wells and backsides of wheels destroy my hands and arms.

On that note, how do you guys dress the cleaned wheel wells? I've been using undiluted PERL and spray it in. I hate the fabric liners as they never look clean.
    Carefully jam the wheel brush in there. If it doesn’t fit then it simply gets sprayed & rinsed. I’ve got a pet peeve against using any of my wheel brushes to clean wheel wells or exhaust tips. I won’t do that. IMO that’s just as bad as using a wash mitt to scrub dirty wheels and taking it right back onto the paint. I wouldn’t do that.

I dress wheel wells w/Megs Hyper Dressing @1:1 spray and walk away. Even the fabric lined ones get sprayed.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I bought 16 of those small wheel mitts on a nice deal for BF at clean garage. They work well and are a nice size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast