autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Vinyl matte black wrap ceramic options...

Looking for some opinions on coatings specific for matte vinyl wrap?

The wrap shop recommended halo which I had never heard of prior but it does seem specific to wraps.

I've used gyeon can coat on paint and the ease of application was great but not sure it's something suitable for vinyl wraps.

the local detail supply shop recommended mohs for my stealth ppf which went on weird (almost like it was evaporating before wiping off) but 48hours later and I can flick bugs off and water beads better than the naked ppf

gyeon also offered a matte coating but it was not in stock locally.

so looking for dos donts and opinions

the car was jsut finsiehd so fugues a prep wipe down and coating would've best now.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vinyl matte black wrap ceramic options...

Quote Originally Posted by agarabaghi View Post
    Looking for some opinions on coatings specific for matte vinyl wrap?

The wrap shop recommended halo which I had never heard of prior but it does seem specific to wraps.

I've used gyeon can coat on paint and the ease of application was great but not sure it's something suitable for vinyl wraps.

the local detail supply shop recommended mohs for my stealth ppf which went on weird (almost like it was evaporating before wiping off) but 48hours later and I can flick bugs off and water beads better than the naked ppf

gyeon also offered a matte coating but it was not in stock locally.

so looking for dos donts and opinions

the car was jsut finsiehd so fugues a prep wipe down and coating would've best now.
    First off what you experienced with Mohs is how it flashes.

As far as dedicated coatings for wraps there is Gtechniq Halo, Cquartz Skin, Gyeon PPF among others. They will add richness to the matte.

Some paint coatings will work and add that richness and some will alter the sheen. If you plan to use CanCoat try it on a small inconspicuous area before going balls out on the entire car.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to know.

The mohs once it cured actually looks really good imho. It didnt add sheen and almost makes it look a bit flatter / more satin. Overall was happy with the end results. My understanding if the dedicated coats are more "flexible" but do not last as long. The detailers at the local shop said mohs was ok for ppf and vinyl. Not sure if they just wanted to make a sale though.

Looking at gyeon ppf vs gyron matte, what are the differences?

Q2 PPF | Ceramic Coating PPF | Gyeon

Q2 Matte EVO | Matte Ceramic Coating | Gyeon

Post Thanks / Like

I opted for Gtechniq Halo as the coating for my matte vinyl wrapped Lincoln. It did add a bit of “richness” just as the Guz described but did not alter the matte sheen at all. It added slickness which we all tend to like.

Very easy to install, the only real caveat is you will use a lot. Two coats are recommended and that’s what I did. I went through 2 50 mil bottles. Vinyl soaks up quite a bit so just be prepared for that.

Before any of you keyboard cowboys comment that I used way to much, 1) it’s a stretched four door sedan, 2) I also did two coats on all the jambs (they’re wrapped too), and 3) vinyl is not paint Vinyl matte black wrap ceramic options...Vinyl matte black wrap ceramic options...Vinyl matte black wrap ceramic options....

I would recommend and personally use Halo again.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    I opted for Gtechniq Halo as the coating for my matte vinyl wrapped Lincoln. It did add a bit of “richness” just as the Guz described but did not alter the matte sheen at all. It added slickness which we all tend to like.

Very easy to install, the only real caveat is you will use a lot. Two coats are recommended and that’s what I did. I went through 2 50 mil bottles. Vinyl soaks up quite a bit so just be prepared for that.

Before any of you keyboard cowboys comment that I used way to much, 1) it’s a stretched four door sedan, 2) I also did two coats on all the jambs (they’re wrapped too), and 3) vinyl is not paint Vinyl matte black wrap ceramic options...Vinyl matte black wrap ceramic options...Vinyl matte black wrap ceramic options....

I would recommend and personally use Halo again.
    Yup definitely used to much. As a penalty you gotta let me take it for a night on the town.Vinyl matte black wrap ceramic options...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post