autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

If you could only choose one complete “system”?

You have one choice. One brand to use for your home or business. Interior but especially exterior. Who would it be?

I think compounds are way more subjective as there are so many different scenarios and no person should be loyal to just one brand. But coatings, reloaders, primers etc..it’s unlikely any small business can afford to keep 10 different options on the shelf.

I’m done having mismatched products and I’m looking to try a whole product line. I like the ability to use products in a way that compliments each other by design. I like to know things are built to work together, and I’m a sucker for branding. So far I have it narrowed down to CarPro or Gyeon.

What’s your ride or die?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: If you could only choose one complete “system”?

Menzerna then Carpro
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

3. Thanks CanadianBacon thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro gets my vote. The continually add and update products. Solid line. Huron is solid but I feel the compounds and polish’s aren’t up to par with CarPro.
    Jim

5. Thanks CanadianBacon thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's

7. Thanks CanadianBacon thanked for this post
    Likes Honda Fan, queens guy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    Meguiar's
    You know, I’m so surprised they don’t have a proper ceramic line considering what an industry powerhouse they are. Top shelf compounds, cleaners etc. It’s disappointing because I think they make some of the best products.

Post Thanks / Like

If I had to choose just one, it would be Carpro, I have a lot of NV products at the moment, but as they get used up, I'll probably be looking at Carpro replacements for them, could take a while though.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

10. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBacon View Post
    You know, I’m so surprised they don’t have a proper ceramic line considering what an industry powerhouse they are. Top shelf compounds, cleaners etc. It’s disappointing because I think they make some of the best products.
    You'll probably need a whole new garage to fit the entire Meguiar's line!

This is something I have thought about a lot lately. To be frank, I think the likes of Meguiar's, Mothers, Turtle Wax ect have missed the boat and would really struggle to sell a proper ceramic line. This is not because they wouldn't make a great product, just that it would be very hard for those brands to sell premium products to both the enthusiast and professional user.

Firstly, at a retail level, I don't believe Meguiar's could put a ceramic coating on the shelf at a big-box retailer. Using a wax is very different to using a ceramic coating, so selling something like this to the occasional user could get quite messy for Meguiar's. Then when you think about the enthusiast consumer, we tend to look elsewhere for ceramic coatings...........mostly based on brand image to be completely honest.

So, Meguiar's are then left to sell this as a professional product, and again, brand image and marketability comes into question. Does a pro want to offer their customers a Meguiar's coating or will they better be able to "sell" a Gtechniq, Gyeon or Carpro ect coating to a potential customer?

Finally, price. Meguiar's are seen as a value driven company. A ceramic coating is going to be priced accordingly and be fair way north of a traditional bottle of wax. That's going to be a hard hurdle for them to overcome. Brand perceptions are hard to change. Meguiar's have previous grievance in this arena, their Hybrid Paint Coating is a hard sell at its price point over and above a bottle of wax sitting on the same shelf for a fraction of the price.

This is in no way dissing Meguiar's, they make good products at good prices. I do however think it's probably best they stay in their lane.

12. Likes Big Dave, opie, PaulMys, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a question that is very hard to answer for a product junkie like me!

There are a few brands I default to the most; Carpro, Gyeon, Koch Chemie and P&S.

Because P&S lack a truly good soap, then sadly they would be out first.

Choosing which would go next is difficult, but it would be Koch Chemie despite me loving GSF and would happily drink it if it was safe to do so!

Between Carpro and Gyeon, despite using Gyeon products the most recently, I think it would ultimately end up being Carpro sitting at number one..........only just. Reset would be playing a large part of that decision, as would ECH20, Perl and InnerQD.

14. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Based of the previous mentioned Reset being better than Bathe and Essence better than primer I’d go CarPro.

For interior I would go a Gyeon.

You truly would be happy with either but I don’t believe one manufacturer makes every category best in class product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes DFB, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro or Gyeon
    Glen -

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast