autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Easiest way to prevent clear coat failure on older DD in Florida weather 24/7?

If you’re looking for something quick and easy, Griot’s Ceramic Spray Wax gets good reviews and lasts 6 months or so and is easy to get. Can’t get much easier and it provides good protection, including UV.

2. Likes PaulMys, jem7sk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Easiest way to prevent clear coat failure on older DD in Florida weather 24/7?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I don’t use covers because when the wind moves, even if you have them strapped down, they can micro mar the paint. I learned the hard way and had to polish.
    Better micro marring than clear coat failure…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Paul A., PaulMys, jem7sk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There are lots of great suggestions here.. Thanks! It seems that if I can get out and wash it a couple of times a month and then just use one of the easy, long-lasting spray sealers that might be the ticket for me. If that doesn't work out I'll probably try to find a good car cover but I'm hoping the easy spray sealers will do the trick.

I was hoping someone would say use a car shampoo that also seals but I guess the technology is not there yet? What about the spray on and rinse off stuff like HydrO2?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jem7sk View Post
    There are lots of great suggestions here.. Thanks! It seems that if I can get out and wash it a couple of times a month and then just use one of the easy, long-lasting spray sealers that might be the ticket for me. If that doesn't work out I'll probably try to find a good car cover but I'm hoping the easy spray sealers will do the trick.

I was hoping someone would say use a car shampoo that also seals but I guess the technology is not there yet? What about the spray on and rinse off stuff like HydrO2?
    I would specifically use Optimum car wax as much as possible if worried about UV rays and CC failure.

Not sure about UV protection with spray and rinse products.

7. Likes jem7sk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I would specifically use Optimum car wax as much as possible if worried about UV rays and CC failure.

Not sure about UV protection with spray and rinse products.

How do you think Opti-Seal is compared to this? I saw Big Dave's post where his failed even though he has taken good care of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Easiest way to prevent clear coat failure on older DD in Florida weather 24/7?

Quote Originally Posted by jem7sk View Post
    How do you think Opti-Seal is compared to this? I saw Big Dave's post where his failed even though he has taken good care of it.
    I have not used either. I just make the recommendation of OCW based on reviews on here and Autopia.

OCW has a patented UV inhibitor. Supposedly Ford did a test and proved that the product actually blocked UV’s.

I have not seen the test but Mike Phillips talks about it here

Patented UV Protection - Optimum Car Wax - by Dr. Ghodoussi at Autogeek.com

10. Likes PaulMys, jem7sk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not used either. I just make the recommendation of OCW based on reviews on here and Autopia.

OCW has a patented UV inhibitor. Supposedly Ford did a test and proved that the product actually blocked UV’s.

That definitely sounds like the stuff I need. It looks like it is pink now.. I wonder if the formula has changed?

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum isn't the only product with UV protection. UV protection has been in products since at least 2000.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    Optimum isn't the only product with UV protection. UV protection has been in products since at least 2000.
    I know. Everyone including some QD’s claim UV protection. But is it really there? Easiest way to prevent clear coat failure on older DD in Florida weather 24/7?

OCW is patented and tested…. Not just words and why I recommended it

14. Likes jem7sk, PaulMys liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123