autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Gyeon Can Coat

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Can Coat

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Well forensics is one of the ones like Apex. I feel there still telling truth about products. Otherwise why would we watch any?

And i like how he doesn’t force his opinions but let you conclude on your own. Lastly I’m pretty sure with his lac luster results he was getting paid for that video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Apex? come on. He's a turncoat.

One example is he used to rant about companies that wanted you to buy their pads with their polishes - they were just trying to get you to spend more money - and then he starts selling koch chemie polishes and pads. Which i'm sure work just fine but he always used to state that companies pushing for you to use thier polishes with thier specific pads for the best performance was nonsense. He doesn't have KC on his site anymore...i stopped watching apex over a year ago.

forensics has a LOT of questionable content too.

Nothing wrong with making some money but i don't trust any of those guys'opinions. They are for sale.

Rupes and Gyeon most likely lined the pockets of forensics. phonixEOD lined apex's pockets for sure.

2. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Apex? come on. He's a turncoat.

One example is he used to rant about companies that wanted you to buy their pads with their polishes - they were just trying to get you to spend more money - and then he starts selling koch chemie polishes and pads. Which i'm sure work just fine but he always used to state that companies pushing for you to use thier polishes with thier specific pads for the best performance was nonsense. He doesn't have KC on his site anymore...i stopped watching apex over a year ago.

forensics has a LOT of questionable content too.

Nothing wrong with making some money but i don't trust any of those guys'opinions. They are for sale.

Rupes and Gyeon most likely lined the pockets of forensics. phonixEOD lined apex's pockets for sure.
    I don’t doubt that. Video’s that are sponsored are stated at the beginning. I feel like these two give honest review when not sponsored.

I don’t watch to make ch you tube anymore unless I’m looking up product and then I will watch all videos possible to get a sense of middle ground.

4. Likes noorth, Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am drawn to YT channels that share the specific science of the processes. I still am drawn to Larry Kosilo at Ammo and Todd Cooperider at Esoteric. Are they selling product? Of course they are but they explain a lot that can then be applied to the products YOU are using.

Other favorites are Obsidian and Car Craft.

And, like Coatingsarecrack, i watch several differnt YT vid's when looking at a new or different product.

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    I am drawn to YT channels that share the specific science of the processes. I still am drawn to Larry Kosilo at Ammo and Todd Cooperider at Esoteric. Are they selling product? Of course they are but they explain a lot that can then be applied to the products YOU are using.

And, like Coatingsarecrack, i watch several differnt YT vid's when looking at a new or different product.
    Yeah I still drop in and watch Larry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post

I have heard stories about Todd C that put me off him for good, along the lines of using and sponging off others. All is fair in pursuit of commercial success, right? Very sleezy.

Larry and Sandro are the best for explaining what, how and why without appearing so wound up in their own hype.

9. Likes Texchappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Can Coat

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I have heard stories about Todd C that put me off him for good, along the lines of using and sponging off others. All is fair in pursuit of commercial success, right? Very sleezy.

Larry and Sandro are the best for explaining what, how and why without appearing so wound up in their own hype.
    Not saying it’s not true but don’t always believe what you hear on the internet..

Budgetplan1 leaving a long standing good job and going to work for him I feel tells more about the man now than the internet. I don’t feel he’d go to work for someone “sleezy”

The only guy I really watched “a lot” was Larry.

Also people do …. Sometimes…. change.

11. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed Esoteric/Todd C. tend to keep more to themselves than other detailers. They don't often do talks/videos with other detailers and they definitely don't do any product reviews/torture tests. They're kind of unique, it seems, in that regard. They're focused strictly only their business and less on getting YT videos out there.

13. Likes dgage, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234