autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interior Cleaning - Over Chemmed....

I'm using ONR 256:1 and/or Opti Power Clean 5 or 10:1

2. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Same. And if i encounter someone elses "dirty" chit, ill just grab 3D orange degreaser....it does the trick.

Im not one to do someone elses interior, uless i know them and its not all hogged up. No amount of money is worth it. And if ya got pet hair everywhere or mcydees french frys....if the owner cant keep it clean of pet hair or food,dont expect me to do it for ya. Ive told ppl no b4, due to that.

And dont think im just being lazy...cuz i would say the owner of a pigstie is the lazy one...its just down right discusting
    +1. My wife's daughter is a slob. I occasionally offer to clean her car but never unless she removes everything from the interior. It usually looks like a homeless person lives in it. I've seen videos from a couple of different detailers who seem to do some really disgusting cars and I just don't see how people can actually be that dirty, especially with a late model car. I mean, you just spent a ton of money on a new car and you basically turned it into a trash can.

4. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Youtubers would probably be further ahead to use a brush to dislodge dirt first and then spray and wipe. They are probably just smearing dirt around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    On the SW, I divide the wheel in about 4 quadrant. Clean one, new towel x4.
    That's the 1st pass.

Then a second pass with another fairly heavy spray of H20 and wiping. *in my mind, I don't like spreading hand oils around*....
    But like I said, I am OCD clean about a clean -matte- steering wheel.

Eventually, where the hands holds it the most, it will still patina over time...
    Try and Autofiber scrub ninja interior sponge. Even after you clean you’d be surprised at what it picks up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The detail brush takes to long. Scrub ninjas or MF towels do the job. I use an interior detailer when I’m just cleaning up and P&S Xpress when I apply something.

Just did interior couple days ago and I like my interior products.

PBL L&V coating applied and letting dwell.

After wipe off

Just leaves the interior looking stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

To keep in line with the OP... I spray my interior detailer enough to moisten/dampen all the surfaces and then wipe clean with a MF towel. My interior is never dirty enough to require a brush. Right now I spray all plastic surfaces with Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer, wipe down and let dry and then hit them again with Meguiar's Natural Shine protectant. The Natural Shine protectant says it "cleans" also so I may be adding a little work to the process. I'm looking at doing the "clean" - "Shine" procedure about every other time and then in between just the Natural Shine. I really like the way the Natural Shine product looks on Honda plastic.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny I came across this thread. Listen to the latest episode of Pint and Polishing Podcast. And not many people on the internet/youtube/tik tok actually know what they are doing

Post Thanks / Like

For my personal vehicles, I'm in the camp where they never get trashed enough to need anything more than Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer for upkeep.

While I do like the look of some interior dressings, as long as they are just a subtle enhancement and not too shiny, I refrain from their use on my personal stuff due to the outgassing effects. Since I quit using such products several years ago, my windows stay cleaner much longer and are so much easier to clean streak-free, if and when necessary.

It's a worthy trade-off for me... No interior dressings = Crystal clear, streak-free glass with very little effort.

11. Likes Honda Fan liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12