autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax vs Gyeon Cancoat Evo

I have a question comparing Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax to Gyeon Cancoat Evo.

I have recently used both products. I understand that I am comparing apples to oranges, in that the GG 3-in-1 is a ceramic spray sealant and Cancoat Evo is an actual ceramic coating, albeit a "lighter" one. I am trying to decide which product I want to use as my main LSP.

Cancoat takes the prize for gloss, pop, and overall appearance. But I don't think the GG 3-in-1 is too far behind.

The GG 3-in-in takes the prize for ease of use. Because I must apply the Cancoat outside, I have to apply Gyeon Cure on top of the Cancoat. So it is double the work. But the Cancoat will probably last longer so I would have to go through the process once every 12 to 15 months.

The Cancoat has a harsh chemical smell compared to the pleasant scent of the GG 3-in-1.

I think the Cancoat coated car is a bit more prone to water spotting compared to the GG 3-in-1 car. It has rained a couple times recently and I think there were more water marks on the Cancoat covered car.

At this point, I am leaning towards going with the GG 3-in-1 once every 6 months as my main LSP for all the reasons mentioned above.

But I am curious to hear what others have to say. If you had to choose one of these two products for your daily driver, which would you choose?

Thank you,
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax vs Gyeon Cancoat Evo

or you can use this and have your prayers answered........

3. Likes CleanIT, Silly Rabbit, joebruin77, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've not used Can Coat, but I have used GG 3 in 1 on several cars. I have people who bring their cars to me, and do nothing from a maintenance standpoint other than wash them. I've seen GG 3 in 1 last over 7 months under those circumstances. My only issue was the lack of slickness.

5. Likes joebruin77, PaulMys, UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used both and Can Coat blows 3 in 1 away in terms of hydrophobics and overall durability IMO. But the 3 in 1 as a spray sealant is very good.

Beading:
    1. Can Coat
    2. Griot's 3 in 1

Ease of use:
    1. Griot's 3 in 1
    2. Can Coat

Longevity:
    1. Can Coat
    2. Griot's 3 in 1

As Bosko said, you could go the Megs Hybrid Paint Coating route, which may be better than both.

Once Griot's releases their high solids coating, 3 in 1 will be an awesome topper for it.

7. Likes Bosko, joebruin77, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If it was my choice, I'd go CanCoat no-question based on my experience with the previous generation of CanCoat and experience using 3 in 1. I can only imagine CanCoat EVO is better than the first gen.

For me 3 in 1 only lasted a couple months and while it looked pretty good, the beading was sub-par for a ceramic based product and maybe not even as good as some sealants. Meanwhile CanCoat lasted a year for me, still ranks as one of the best LSP's in the looks department, and had beading/sheating properties which have only been matched by Pure EVO in my experience.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

9. Likes joebruin77, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just did my 2nd personal vehicle with the Cancoat Evo yesterday. Once the paint is prepped and ready...Cancoat for me is soooo easy to apply and wipe off. Both are white vehicles and they look great in terms of gloss and overall appearance. Plus a can of cancoat goes along way. Have done two SUV's and still have product left. The only thing is you must flush out the nozzle once you are done applying or it will harden and make the nozzle useless.

11. Likes joebruin77, CleanIT, John U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    or you can use this and have your prayers answered........

Thank you for the suggestion. Why do you like the Meguiars Hybrid Paint Coating over Cancoat Evo? And can the Meguiars be applied to a car parked outside? That is one reason I chose Cancoat Evo is that it is advertised as being "outside application friendly".

Post Thanks / Like

The Megs HPC is considered even easier to apply than Can Coat. I believe Sandro said the same.

14. Likes Bosko, joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion. Why do you like the Meguiars Hybrid Paint Coating over Cancoat Evo? And can the Meguiars be applied to a car parked outside? That is one reason I chose Cancoat Evo is that it is advertised as being "outside application friendly".
    This product is as easy to apply as water......removes the same way.

yes...apply outside no problem...just let cure for at least 12 hours before getting wet.

it is extremely durable as well.....way better than 3 in 1....neck in neck with Can coat

16. Likes joebruin77, PaulMys, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msharpe785 View Post
    The only thing is you must flush out the nozzle once you are done applying or it will harden and make the nozzle useless.
    I think CanCoat EVO comes with a few spray nozzles (3?) so that you can replace them.

18. Likes joebruin77 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast