autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How are spray and rinse sealants like HydrO2 legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Bri26 View Post
    if you really want to go down the rabbit hole, go to a site like Griot's Garage and click on the regulatory section of a particular product. An example of this would be the product safety sheet for the Boss correcting cream. It says "In case of skin contact - Wash with plenty of water. Take off all contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Decontaminate or discard shoes. Seek immediate medical attention if you feel unwell."

I also hear graphene can be pretty nasty stuff but it's advertised on the front of a lot of products and even comes in sprays and such. Bottom line, is that I don't think most people care that much about the possible health risks associated with using a particular car care product, it's more about how well the product performs.

I would say at the very least most should be wearing gloves when using these products.
    IMO, most of these over-the-top warnings are a legal safety net to protect themselves from a society full of over-litigious hypochondriacs.

I'm not saying that any of these products are as safe as skin cream.

But any person with half a brain will just wash their hands after using them. Not wrap themselves in a body condom with a full-face respirator and heart monitor before opening the bottle.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    It's a good question, but as non-chemist I can't answer that. This is why I often think some of the coatings and products coming out of Asia are not as eco-friendly as brands like 3D and OPT. Most people don't care enough about it unfortunately. Out of sight out of mind until it comes back to give you a disease.
    Correct, there is a reason all the "good stuff" is made in Korea and the sorts, environmental enforcement. I don't think people realize how much good the EPA does do. Say what you want about their CAFE standards, if it weren't for the EPA we would all have toxic waste dumps in our yards. Chrome. Lead. Arsenic. You name it. Look at the isolated manufacturing induced environmental nightmares across the nation, how imagine those scenarios EVERYWHERE. Boom, you have the Chinese eastern seaboard lol.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    IMO, most of these over-the-top warnings are a legal safety net to protect themselves from a society full of over-litigious hypochondriacs.

I'm not saying that any of these products are as safe as skin cream.

But any person with half a brain will just wash their hands after using them. Not wrap themselves in a body condom with a full-face respirator and heart monitor before opening the bottle.
    I agree on most warnings going to extreme as a case of CYA. Can't sue us, we told you so.

However, I will say this. There is an Amish family on the outskirts of my hometown that have a property butted up to an old chroming shop. Bumpers and wheels mostly. Well, I'm no conspiracy theorist, but that family is known locally to have MANY health issues and physical deformities related to their water. Samples were taken from their yard and everything was off the charts in the heavy metals department. Great, you washed your hands, their clean, but what about everything downstream? And sure, one time, even two times, no fallout. But when small quantities of anything harmful are introduced to an ecosystem over and over and over the concentration grows to dangerous levels. Same could be said about airborne pollutants. Look at communities with coal fired plants in their area code....respiratory disease is always significantly higher than surrounding area. Sure you and I won't notice siply passing through on the freeway, but spend 40 years there and soon enough you're towing an oxygen tank behind ya.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

5. Likes Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wait until they outlaw microfiber.....there, I said it

7. Thanks DUBL0WS6 thanked for this post
    Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Benzene used to be in some waxes. The big issue with compounds was silica. Once that gets in your lungs, it isn't coming out and isn't getting broken down. Most products are using more modern and safer abrasives.

9. Likes Rand0m liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123