autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Help! Rising from the dead. What should I with these 4 different cars and finishes?

[COLOR=var(--primary-text)]These 4 cars are all over the map. My wife and I just pulled them out of her uncle's wooded property. I washed them and SOS pad scrubbed them. Now what? The 41 Special Deluxe (parked in 1968) and the 66 Bel Air (parked in 1986) have heavy rust on most of the top surfaces. The 60 Impala (parked in 1986) and the 61 Apache (parked in 1980) have better paint with no heavy surface rust. Winter is coming here in Minnesota, and I want to get something on them. I have read about boiled linseed oil, cleaner wax, clear coat, etc. I would rather stay with the sanding, polish, wax process.

My goal for now is to just get something on them while I get them mechanically up and running/driving. Get them all where at least the wife and I can enjoy them and then decided what to do with them as far as further restoration.

I would love to hear advice from some experts.

Help! Rising from the dead. What should I with these 4 different cars and finishes?-belair-2-min-jpgHelp! Rising from the dead. What should I with these 4 different cars and finishes?-chevy-truck-2-min-jpgHelp! Rising from the dead. What should I with these 4 different cars and finishes?-impala-min-jpgHelp! Rising from the dead. What should I with these 4 different cars and finishes?-special-deluxe-sedan1-min-jpgHelp! Rising from the dead. What should I with these 4 different cars and finishes?-img_2764-min-jpgHelp! Rising from the dead. What should I with these 4 different cars and finishes?-img_2763-min-jpgHelp! Rising from the dead. What should I with these 4 different cars and finishes?-img_2767-min-jpgHelp! Rising from the dead. What should I with these 4 different cars and finishes?-img_2765-min-jpgHelp! Rising from the dead. What should I with these 4 different cars and finishes?-img_2766-min-jpgHelp! Rising from the dead. What should I with these 4 different cars and finishes?-img_2771-min-jpgHelp! Rising from the dead. What should I with these 4 different cars and finishes?-img_2769-min-jpgHelp! Rising from the dead. What should I with these 4 different cars and finishes?-41-after-passenger-side-min-jpgHelp! Rising from the dead. What should I with these 4 different cars and finishes?-img_2739-min-jpgHelp! Rising from the dead. What should I with these 4 different cars and finishes?-img_2735-min-jpgHelp! Rising from the dead. What should I with these 4 different cars and finishes?-61-after-drivers-side-min-jpg

[/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help! Rising from the dead. What should I with these 4 different cars and finishes?

cool find.....i think the linseed oil is a good temp thing to use, clean it best you can and coat it well

can you keep em in a nice dry place, out of the elements? or covered? might be a good idea if you want to mitigate further rusting

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help! Rising from the dead. What should I with these 4 different cars and finishes?

I agree linseed oil is the way to go .Do 2 coats a week apart ,If the paint is somewhat good try the cleaner wax . Duragloss 501 is a good one.