autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much to charge for Ceramic Coating

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Read the post before you JUDGE "in those days they referred to it as sealant " This was 20 years ago probably before your time.
    I'm not judging, but maybe the difference between the way I want to run my business to yours is, I'm not talking about oh I have 100 years of experience in ceramic coating and I was born ceramic coating cars, I want to learn from the best people in the game and see what they do and how they approach clients and how they're able to charge that much.

Now, if you're some sort of an old dude who wants to discourage younger guys of not charging $7k or even more, I'd say I know many young, talented, entrepreneurs in the ceramic coating business that probably make more in their business than you. And the difference between them and you is all of them are still hungry for learning. I've never heard once from any of them something like " back in my days" or things like that. Because those days are over and we live in 2022, not 1950!

So for my younger fellows, talk to the top guys in the game and they will help you with anything! products, strategies, and pricing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham13 View Post
    I'm not judging, but maybe the difference between the way I want to run my business to yours is, I'm not talking about oh I have 100 years of experience in ceramic coating and I was born ceramic coating cars, I want to learn from the best people in the game and see what they do and how they approach clients and how they're able to charge that much.

Now, if you're some sort of an old dude who wants to discourage younger guys of not charging $7k or even more, I'd say I know many young, talented, entrepreneurs in the ceramic coating business that probably make more in their business than you. And the difference between them and you is all of them are still hungry for learning. I've never heard once from any of them something like " back in my days" or things like that. Because those days are over and we live in 2022, not 1950!

So for my younger fellows, talk to the top guys in the game and they will help you with anything! products, strategies, and pricing!
    there youÂ’re going twisting words again! Where does it say my days? It says in those days. And IÂ’ll put my net worth against yours if thatÂ’s going to make you move on?

Post Thanks / Like

8-10 year coatings, LOL.

4. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are questioning business and pricing policies and looking for advice from those doing $7,000 coatings, I think you are in the wrong place. If, and that is a big if, there are places getting $7,000 to apply a coating, that is a very specialized business (or more likely a con job) and I doubt they would be open to sharing their practices.

6. Likes chilly, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That range sounds about right for a high end shop.

We start at $1,500.00 for paint correction and a ceramic. It's near a pretty ritzy part of town too. The coating we usually use is Xpel Fusion Plus. We also have an account with Ceeamic Pro (I just can't use that stuff though, hence the Xpel, which I'm also no good at applying!).

In my own operation the only thing that could possibly push my price up to the $1200.00 point would be a two step followed by two coats of Cquartz UK 3.0, and a layer of Gliss on a huge SUV - which is very rare. It's usually a one stage polish with Cquartz Lite for $700.00.

8. Likes chilly, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

10. Likes chilly, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    That range sounds about right for a high end shop.

We start at $1,500.00 for paint correction and a ceramic. It's near a pretty ritzy part of town too. The coating we usually use is Xpel Fusion Plus. We also have an account with Ceeamic Pro (I just can't use that stuff though, hence the Xpel, which I'm also no good at applying!).

In my own operation the only thing that could possibly push my price up to the $1200.00 point would be a two step followed by two coats of Cquartz UK 3.0, and a layer of Gliss on a huge SUV - which is very rare. It's usually a one stage polish with Cquartz Lite for $700.00.
    The main outfit near me uses Ceramic Pro. Detailkingexpress

12. Likes chilly, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe its just me but I enjoy waxing cars 4 to 6 months is great for me I use spray waxes much more then that.

14. Likes chilly, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larry A View Post
    Maybe its just me but I enjoy waxing cars 4 to 6 months is great for me I use spray waxes much more then that.
    I do too.

Optimum Car Wax and Opti-Seal are actually fun for me to use.

But on cars that I want something stronger. I reach for the coatings.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just starting out with this as a side hustle

my first job was a wash and some correction...i got $200

my second job is happening right now, an HD trike clean, correct, and coat....$600

i'm still pretty geeked about getting paid to do something I love to do, i'll get the money figured out, right now, I really am most concerned about doing and being good

doesn't matter that I'm not killing it anyhow....my wife and CFO has a tattoo addiction and my detailing money ended up in her ink slush fund somehow

I will say this, I really don't know enough about coatings to throw shade....but when the op said 10 years, and some good guys here said....ahem....well....nuff said

17. Likes bill walsh liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast