autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just thinking

When you clay a car , you use soapy water or a detail spray. Can you use a spray WAX as a lube . On my car I was going to use Groits 3 and one as a clay lube . You get the claying and waxing at the same time. I would like some input from you guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I was just thinking

So you're saying (asking) if this could be used as a shortcut to decon and add an LSP in one stroke?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t use the Griot’s 3-in-1 as it needs to be applied evenly and removed right away. To do what you’re thinking about you need a product that stays on the surface for a while and can still be wiped off with no issues.

I know McKee’s 37 has a product specifically for this. I’m not aware of similar ones by other brands.

The reason I’m not a fan of the idea is while claying, marring can occur, especially if the lube wasn’t made for this and isn’t slick enough. Then you’d want to polish to correct that marring and this step would remove the protection just applied. The idea might work for those that are ok with some marring, potentially lots of it.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

You can use Griot's Ceramic Speed Shine as a clay lube.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars has a clay kit that includes their new synthetic clay combined with a small bottle of their green bottle ceramic detailer.

Yvan LaCroix had a process where he would wash with ONR, spray some Car Wax on it, and where he sprayed the wax he use that (and the previously applied ONR) to lubricate the surface as he used their clay towel to "clay" the paint.

I've done this a few times at work where we had someone stop in for a wash & wax. It's strange to be heavy into an intensive paint correction only to be pulled from it to wash a car..

6. Likes chilly, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larry A View Post
    When you clay a car , you use soapy water or a detail spray. Can you use a spray WAX as a lube . On my car I was going to use Groits 3 and one as a clay lube . You get the claying and waxing at the same time. I would like some input from you guys.
    Nanoskin, maybe…

Nanoskin Nano Shock AutoScrub Lubricant & Sealant works with the AutoScrub System to clean, lubricate, and seal the paint in one step. Nanoskin Nano Shock AutoScrub Lubricant & Sealant uses advanced nano-sized polymers to create a lubricant and polymer sealant combined in one product. This polymer sealant dries clear on the paint, repels water, enhances gloss, dissipates the static charge the attracts dust, and adds additional gloss and protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I NEVER use anything but soapy ( car wash ) water-- any thing else is a waste of money, I put a little more wash soap in my bucket and dont fill it up as much as I usually do, then I use a wash mitt and get it fully soaked and wring it out on the hood ( horiz. surfaces ) dip it back in and leave it on the hood, roof , fender soaked, then as I clay i squeeze out solution as I need it-- it is every bit as good as the pricey stuff, works great.
    Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions-- Winston Churchill
    The difference between genius & stupidity is genius has limits-- Albert Einstein

9. Likes dgage, hotrodn, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You CAN use wash soap, clay lube, and spray wax. Yes.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VitreousHumor View Post
    Nanoskin, maybe…

Nanoskin Nano Shock AutoScrub Lubricant & Sealant works with the AutoScrub System to clean, lubricate, and seal the paint in one step. Nanoskin Nano Shock AutoScrub Lubricant & Sealant uses advanced nano-sized polymers to create a lubricant and polymer sealant combined in one product. This polymer sealant dries clear on the paint, repels water, enhances gloss, dissipates the static charge the attracts dust, and adds additional gloss and protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    28 posts in seven years-- where you been dude? You must be the quiet type
    Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions-- Winston Churchill
    The difference between genius & stupidity is genius has limits-- Albert Einstein

12. Likes opie, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

once I clay bar a car or bike, I consider it to be dirty, and i set up and wash it as if it was getting a proper wash for the first time

every bike and car I've done get's three full washes

the intitial, a wash after decontamination and clay barring, and a wash after correction....once it's clean and dry, then I'll prep and do the LSP and topper

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast