autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Best soap or rinseless wash to clean and decontaminate PPF?

One of my cars has Xpel PPF on all of the painted surfaces. Once every 6 months or so I like to apply a sealant on top of the PPF. What is the best soap or rinseless wash that will clean and decontaminate the PPF in preparation for the sealant without damaging the PPF?

I see that Gyeon has their PPF wash, which sounds like it is exactly what I am looking for. Any other suggestions? I am a big fan of rinseless washes. Are there any rinseless washes that will effectively and safely clean PPF? For example, is Mckees37 N-914 safe to use on PPF at their "paint prep" dilution ration?

For a non-PPF car, I would normally use an APC prewash, clay, and iron remover. Are any of these safe to use on PPF?

Thank you for your help,
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best soap or rinseless wash to clean and decontaminate PPF?

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    One of my cars has Xpel PPF on all of the painted surfaces. Once every 6 months or so I like to apply a sealant on top of the PPF. What is the best soap or rinseless wash that will clean and decontaminate the PPF in preparation for the sealant without damaging the PPF?

I see that Gyeon has their PPF wash, which sounds like it is exactly what I am looking for. Any other suggestions? I am a big fan of rinseless washes. Are there any rinseless washes that will effectively and safely clean PPF? For example, is Mckees37 N-914 safe to use on PPF at their "paint prep" dilution ration?

For a non-PPF car, I would normally use an APC prewash, clay, and iron remover. Are any of these safe to use on PPF?

Thank you for your help,
    Joe
    I use Gyeon Iron on both PPF’d cars periodically, one STEK, one XPEL. Have also used Gyeon Restart & Gyeon PPF wash outta curiosity but methinks better results from Gyeon Iron alone and then wash. Before recoating the STEK car last month did Gyeon Iron, Restart Wash, POLISHANGEL Ultrared, Gyeon Prep…because nothing exceeds like excess! Came out nice:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Likes joebruin77, DETAILROOKIE, SNP209, DFB liked this post