autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Glizz as a top coat over CQuartz SIC?

So I've had Polish Angel Viking Coat on my car for over 3 years now and its been great. However, the car has some minor swirls and I figured now was a good time to polish it up and reapply a coating before it get's too cold.

I selected to go w Cquartz SIC this time and also purchased Gliss 2.0.

Anyone know if its ok to use Gliss 2.0 as a top coat over Cquartz SIC? I've been trying to research it and don't see it recommended anywhere. Some places say you can use reload, some instructions say not to use reload. Some say to use iron-x as a maintenance to unclog SIC as needed, etc... But nowhere have i found that its okay to use Gliss as a top coat on SIC.

In the past I have used CQuartz UK w Gliss as a top coat and the results were fantastic. However, i am the type of person that likes to try new things (not always successful, lol, a la Blackfire Ceramic pro) so figured I'd give SIC a shot. So far the car has 3 coats on it although the first 2 coats I don't think i left on long enough. It takes really long to flash and I was afraid it would harden so I typically removed from each panel between 3-5 minutes. Today i applied a 3rd coat and waited a little longer and it seemed to improve the feel when I did a wipe down of the panel. As of right now the car is coated and looks pretty damn good. Not sure if I should do the Gliss over it or just save the Gliss for another car. Thanks in advance for any advice offered.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Glizz as a top coat over CQuartz SIC?

If I remember correctly, Gliss is not needed with SIC.

SIC already does what Gliss offers to UK 3.0.

Post Thanks / Like

I’d skip Gliss if using SiC. Also skip Reload, at least until the coating is fully cured.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Not needed. Save Gliss for when SiC starts to lose its slickness in a few months or as a yearly maintenance topper.

5. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As noted above, Gliss isn't needed with SiC. Since SiC is my primary Go-To for CarPro anymore, I use Gliss as a booster when needed. My wife's car is wearing a layer of UK 3.0 and a layer of SiC over top and has been done now for just about 2 years. I topped it with CanCoat in the spring but before winter hits, I'll add some Gliss v2 to it.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

7. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for posting everyone. much appreciated. and also, sorry for misspelling it in the title, i wrote glizz instead of gliss. fat fingered, lol.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)