Hi folks, long time lurker and first time poster here. With luck one day I'll have enough useful info to contribute meaningfully, but for how I'm hoping for a bit of a sanity check from the collective before I embark on a project this weekend.

I've just taken delivery a week ago of a Tesla Model 3 LR (Midnight Silver Metallic - many might call it grey - Shanghai built) and I've decided it's time for my first 'proper' ceramic coating rather than the spray on rinse off variety or Megs Hybrid range, both to provide a bit better environmental protection (car is garaged at night but park in an industrial area beside a motorway during the day) and make it easier to keep. And hopefully a little more glossier.

I've chosen CarPro SiC as my coating of choice due to what I've seen online as to it's application forgiveness, results and local availability.

I've not yet washed the car since taking delivery so as to avoid touching it too much before coating it, but superficially it looks like the bonnet & boot (frunk & trunk) have some minor marring from a wash or wipe of some sort, but the other panels seem ok at first glance; I'll see more after the proper decontamination wash on Saturday.
In terms of my goals - this is my daily driver so for practicality I'm happy with paint levels say 90%; basically if I can't see a mark or blemish 2m / 6ft away I'm ok with defining that as 'perfect'. Plus, I want to keep as much clear coat as possible. A play with my paint thickness gauge gives readings from 89µm to 130µm around the car (there's that much variation even on the bonnet) and lowest reading in the door jams 87µm.

My plan of attack:
Decon wash (CarPro Lift / Reset / Iron-X / Clay areas if I can feel something needs clayed / Essence wipe down)
CarPro Hydro2 Lite on the wheels
Inspect paint; polish areas that I think need it (Menzerna 3500 / CarPro Essence, white Lake Country Force Hybrid or CarPro Gloss pads; orange if I really really have to)
2 layers of SiC on the paint

So... Does that sound like a reasonable approach? I'm aware of course that the ideal is to polish the entire car before coating, but with my above goals in mind if after a decon wash there are panels that to my eye look ok is there any real problem with not polishing those and just coating, or am I just wasting my time there and should I just stay with hydro2 lite or Megs Hybrid Ceramic on those panels?

I'd also love to hear if anyone has used SiC on glass; search didn't turn anything up for me but since I've already bought it I'm thinking about using that on the glass roof, side & rear glass (not windscreen).

Hmm, that got long-winded... I'd appreciate any advice or wisdom you can share!