autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone ever put a splash of APC in their favorite car shampoo bucket to add more 'kick' ?

Those of you who have used an APC as a pre-soak, what dilution are you using? I have a gallon of McKee's High Intensity left and wondered about using it like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone ever put a splash of APC in their favorite car shampoo bucket to add more 'kick' ?

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    One thing that has not been explained to my simpleton self is how the pH of a shampoo is affected by the water you're diluting it with. Water should be 7, so diluting a pH 8 shampoo/APC with water will bring it closer to 7.... I just can't understand how a high pH product can remain a high pH product when it's diluted with water.

Forgive me, I know about diesel submarines, not chemistry.
    Not sure but my thinking is PH of product is higher and the 8 is when it’s diluted? I know with Bilt Hamber that is how AutoFoam works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thanks PouncingPanzer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen Yvan foam a car with OPC right out of the bottle (1:3). OPC is one of the more safe APCs you can use on paint. pH isn't super high at 10-11. It's safe on all surfaces per OPT.

5. Likes Matador, PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Not sure but my thinking is PH of product is higher and the 8 is when it’s diluted? I know with Bilt Hamber that is how AutoFoam works.

Now that would make sense for the advertised pH to be post-dilution. Thanks for the reply!

Speaking of diluting BH products my Touch-less arrived yesterday. Never diluted to a PIR ratio before but it makes sense to do a prewash from a foam cannon using that method. I may just use a measured amount and go from there like I always do with the foam cannon. There are so many variables I just wanna keep dilution simple and mindless.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have really bad road wash/traffic film people in the UK etc have beed useing this method for year's,
    In winter i will add 100ml of a citrus based cleaner and 100ml of snow foam of choice add 800ml water and get cracking.

Or use a more alkaline based snow foam for bite

8. Likes Matador, PouncingPanzer, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Or skip the APC and use Carpro Reset

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    I have a easy fix:

Wash it once a week religiously. And put good protection on the paint. That way washing is super easy with just soap.
    I have Optimum Gloss Coat on the hood, GPS on the rood, and Car Wax everywhere else. ONR cleans up just fine. I usually wash them once a week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    I have a easy fix:

Wash it once a week religiously. And put good protection on the paint. That way washing is super easy with just soap.
    I try! Just the weekends get so busy with the wife.

And if a car is getting washed….it’s my Audi before her older Volvo aka the tank. Haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matador View Post
    I try! Just the weekends get so busy with the wife.
    Yea, I've been having the same problem for months....lol. Literally have to look ahead and put way more thought than ever before into how and when I will squeeze a wash in...
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

13. Likes Matador liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123