Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
Depends on how dirty the vehicle is.

I do a lot of "hybrid" washes, basically using my rinseless solution in place of soap. The gf's Jeep that stays in the garage, I can do a standard rinseless and be done with it. Nasty vehicles get a Power Clean presoak, power washed, and rinseless washed.

Wheels and tires can be wonky when rinseless washing though. I use a lot of Opti Clean on them. Again, the gf's Jeep is a great example. She has a blue Wrangler Sahara 4+E, the one with gloss black wheels. Those things scratch really easily. Probably wasn't a wise choice from the manufacturer to use such sensitive paint. I like to flush those off from loose dirt grains with ONR in a pump sprayer, then use Opti Clean to get a nice, well lubricated layer on before the contact wash.

I use separate buckets, each with a grit guard and wash solution.

On nice cars / maintenance washes I use the BRS. On cars that are getting corrected, or my old beat up rust bucket, I use that blue Lake Country sponge. That blue LC sponge is the exact shape and has the same cuts that the BRS does, but it's a lot harder and more textured than the BRS. BRS picks up more dirt from the surface, while the blue sponge can scrub more.
Sounds crazy but I’ve done this too. Wash wheels/wells like normal, pressure rinse, and pull into the garage for a rinseless. Helps avoid hard water spots during crazy summer heat. I don’t pre-treat after the pressure rinse I just go straight to washing.