autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Any Ceramic Shampoo & Ceramic Spray Combo Advice?

I'm looking for a shampoo that rinses with the least water remaining, then using a long-lasting spray of some sort. I'm thinking some sort of ceramic product(s) ought to do the trick.
    Currently, I use normal shampoo, then scurry to get water off as fast as I can, then lay down a layer of protection, which sometimes is Turtle Wax S&S, or a variety of waxes. This method is taking too long, I'm getting older & accumulating more things to do (not my own choice), so I'm looking for something faster. Any product advise, or method approach to make things faster?
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any Ceramic Shampoo & Ceramic Spray Combo Advice?

You could do a combo waterless/rinseless wash, which is what I normally do. With waterless, the idea is you spray the waterless wash product on and wipe off with a towel, which is really similar to a quick detailer and should only be done on dusty cars. A rinseless involves soaking towels/sponge in a few gallons of water, washing a panel, and then drying the panel before moving on to the next section.

I combine both and spray a panel like a waterless and then use a towel soaked in rinseless wash (couple gallons) to clean the panel. Then I spray a drying aid to lubricate the towel and dry the panel. Then I repeat those steps on the next panel. I don’t have to worry about panels drying before I can get back to them with this method. As far as rinseless washes, I usually use Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless and if I need a more thorough clean for a particular wash or periodically, I use McKee’s N-914 Rinseless.

If you want to watch videos of this, you can look up the Jerry Dean method though he didn’t necessarily come up with it but has some good videos. I use multiple Cobra Buff and Shine Waterless Wash microfiber towels as my wash medium. Fold the towel into 4ths and you have 8 wash sides to use and I can normally get one or two panels with each towel depending on size of panel and how dirty the vehicle/panel are.

3. Likes CleanIT, chilly, expdetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe try to combine drying and protection into 1 step. Hybrid Solutions Wet Wax or 3D Bead it Up can both add protection while being used as a drying aid.
    Jim

5. Thanks expdetailing thanked for this post
    Likes expdetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if you need to washing in the sun or not. If you need to be doing this. McKees 37 SiO2 Auto Wash has water softerner in it. This can dry in the sun and reactivates when you rinse it off. The problem would be to apply a ceramic product in the sun or even on hot panels. As there you can get into a problem. But if you are able to wash on a cloudy day. A spray on rinse off product like Gyeon Wet Coat or Carpro Hydro2 Lite. Will last you 2-3 months with good performance. This is how I usually protect the cars as it's so fast. Do a panel at the time and rinse thoroughly. Then blowdry or dry with a microfiber drying towel. If you washing out of the sun I would recommend Carpro Reset car soap. It does not leaving anything behind. But the cleaning ability is top notch and the slickness with the wash mitt is outstanding. You can also use something like Carpro Hydrofoam to wash the car and get the protection as well. Meguiars Ceramic Wash & Wax seems to be a good product for this as well. You can ad a base layer with applying Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax on to a dry car the first time. And maintain it with either Reset and then spray and rinse with the Meguiars HCW. Or just wash with the Meguiars Ceramic Wash. Easy and fast and do decon washes every 6 months or so.

If you have a PW you can get a foamcannon. To be doing a good prewash with foaming on with Carpro Lift or Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam. This is to reduce the risk of wash induced marring/swirls. Then wash with either methods. 20-30 minutes to be doing a simple wash and wax and drying depending on the size of the vehical.

If you want to try out waterless and rinseless washes you have friends here to help you out. I'm not much in to it just cause I have running water so easly here where I live in Sweden. Then I have injuries so it's often takes to long between the washes for me. And in the winter months we have harsh conditions here in Sweden. So then the waterless or rinseless washes is a no go for me. But they know the technique very well and what works and what products is great to be useing.

Skickat från min SM-T736B via Tapatalk

7. Thanks expdetailing thanked for this post
    Likes expdetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree. TW WW would fit the bill here. Use it has your drying aid. DONE.

Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wet Wax - 53410 (autogeek.net)

And after your wash, use the SHEETING METHOD to remove most of the water. Open end hose and flood the vehicle surfaces.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

9. Thanks expdetailing thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, Jayfro, expdetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A spray and coat product? If using a PW just rinse soap and then spray a panel and PW off. Gyeon wetcoat a good product. Then use Ceramic detailer as drying aid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Thanks expdetailing thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post