autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: CSL EXO & 845 ?

Post Thanks / Like

CSL EXO & 845 ?

Has anyone tried to apply Collinite 845 on a coated car with CSL and EXO already installed? How did it work out?

I like the slickness of CSL EXO and the longevity, but I also like the Collinite 845 glow.

Wondering if I coat my car will I have to say goodbye to 845, or would 845 still add the glow and even help the CSL EXO underneath last longer?

I am afraid the Collinite wouldn't adhere to the coating and would simply wash away rather quickly

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CSL EXO & 845 ?

Quote Originally Posted by travis2375 View Post
    I am afraid the Collinite wouldn't adhere to the coating.
    Never tried any wax or any sealant thatdid not have si02 in it on a coating. As with my limited knowledge i have read/heard that waxes dont bond to a coating.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Some will say the wax won’t bond and other’s say that you shouldn’t as the C845 will hinder the coating performance.

I say just go for it. You will know if it worked.

Worst case you have a Lille less performance till the C845 wares off or it won’t adhere.

Best case? You’ll have her glowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting proposal. I would do a "test" section and see how it lasts before doing 845 to the entire vehicle. And to see how it looks too.

5. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Test it out on a smaller section. With a body line or panel end so you may see the difference. If it's the look you are after go ahead and try. Personally even if 845 is not a bad product. It feels like moving backwards.

There are waxes that are made for ceramic coatings. The first one I heard of some years ago is Angelwax The Fifth Element. The fifth was a secret ingrediens but I think that it's what you in ceramic hybrid paste waxes today. Polish Angel have a lot of toppers that has carnuba harts in them. That seems to be liked to be going on as a topper on coatings. The ones that are suited for different colors. Use ingrediens that suits that color and enhance the gloss on that color. An example is in white paint the color to get it white is Tio2 titanium oxide. So something like PA High Gloss with a lot of Tio2 in it will sharpen the white in the paint.

Gyeon Wax I think is a hybrid and seems to ad some on a ceramic coating. But sure it's hard to take chances when you know what kind of look you like the most. If I'm not wrong so where Sonax BSD a popular topper on 845. That also have some sort of siloxane in it. It where used to prolong the life of the cc36 ceramic coating from Sonax. And also Sonax Polymer Net Shield as well this was used as. Think that you can get the almost kind of look you like.

There are options to be doing. The thing it will be doing is degrade the coating performance for a while if it don't work that is. But wipe on and buff off very regualary is something that degrade the coatings durability some. That's why if you use the ceramic coating brand own topper or QD. You ad a little or just hold it up from the wash. To keep the performance fresh during it's life time. Take something like Carpro Reload. The name Reload is just what it where made to be doing. Reload the coating every 4-6 months. Then others used it as a stand alone and got about the same. Except when they reformulated the first version of it as that batch where a disaster. And was just when it was getting popular as well LOL. So many hated the product after that. But it's not near as bad as the v2 now. But it's has come out better products since then. Just like how these toppers and QD and wet coats product was made to be doing in the first place. Many ceramic coatings share very a like technology. But there has been changes in that and even of the same brands offerings has some different technology based chemichals in them. So nothing is written in stone on what to use on a ceramic coating. Test out and see what works for you.

Skickat från min SM-T736B via Tapatalk

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will it change how a coating behaves? Yes. Will it not bond to a coating? Maybe maybe not. Will it change the look? Yes. Go for it! Do what you feel you want to try. Even if it did bond it will not last forever and you will be back down to your coating
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoyt66 View Post
    Will it change how a coating behaves? Yes. Will it not bond to a coating? Maybe maybe not. Will it change the look? Yes. Go for it! Do what you feel you want to try. Even if it did bond it will not last forever and you will be back down to your coating
    Oh, I'm trying it eventually. I would just be more in a rush to apply a coating if I knew I could still put a coat of 845 on this summer and knew it would interact well. I was just looking for someone who had tried it already.

Anybody have a CSL EXO coated vehicle they wouldn't mind doing a test spot of Collinite 845 on?

10. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I end up almost always topping my coatings. I can't keep my hands off the paint Just do it. Have fun. One thing about detailing products is they are mostly reversible. Don't like it? Re do it. I coated my Challenger and polished it off a month later. As an enthusiast- My time my money I do what I want when it comes to detailing.
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

12. Likes dgage, SWETM liked this post

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.