autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ceramic Spray

Post Thanks / Like

Ceramic Spray

A customer of mine was asking me about a certain ceramic spray that he wants to use on his motorcycle. He asked me my opinion on a product that we found on Amazon called Torque Detail ceramic spray. I told him that he should go with a more trusted name brand like 3D Ceramic Touch. Did I give him good advice? I have never used 3D Ceramic Touch before but I have used other 3D products and have been happy with them.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ceramic Spray

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    A customer of mine was asking me about a certain ceramic spray that he wants to use on his motorcycle. He asked me my opinion on a product that we found on Amazon called Torque Detail ceramic spray. I told him that he should go with a more trusted name brand like 3D Ceramic Touch. Did I give him good advice? I have never used 3D Ceramic Touch before but I have used other 3D products and have been happy with them.
    When I read your first sentence, I was sure you were going to say your customer wanted to use F11. Even though 3D products are solid, I'd encourage your customer to do some research....read reviews....look on YouTube to see if there are any videos about the products.....it might help them decide on their own. The market is so flooded with these products right now, it makes your head spin trying to pick one

4. Likes chilly, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    When I read your first sentence, I was sure you were going to say your customer wanted to use F11. Even though 3D products are solid, I'd encourage your customer to do some research....read reviews....look on YouTube to see if there are any videos about the products.....it might help them decide on their own. The market is so flooded with these products right now, it makes your head spin trying to pick one
    F11 is something I am always discourage. I have never heard of Torque Detail before but I have some confidence in 3D. He bought a bottle and I just made a new customer for Autogeek.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

If he wants a proven real spray ceramic coating cancoat is probably the best way to go. Water-based spray coatings that get a lot of love here are adams graphene spray coating and griots 3in1 ceramic spray.

7. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm reading a lot of positive reviews on 3D Bead It Up lately. Not a true ceramic but quite durable and very easy to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I'm reading a lot of positive reviews on 3D Bead It Up lately. Not a true ceramic but quite durable and very easy to use.
    I use it but never have tried it as a stand alone product.i know its not ment to be used that way although it is marketed as such as well. Im curious of its longevity if used this way.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

For a spray sealant with some ceramic in it, Griots 3 in 1 is always a safe choice. Looks good and it's pretty durable.

Depending on durability expectations, Capro Elixr is another interesting option. It's billed as a detail spray, but I used it once as a standalone (long story) and found it lasted at least four weeks. Beading and sheeting was more coating-like than the Griots. Just make sure it's applied in warm weather.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

11. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I just like to add that a product that doesn't get mentioned much anymore is Sonax Polymer Net Shield. It has GREAT beading.

13. Likes Jayfro, Desertnate, CleanIT, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never used it personally and only applied it once. However, from everything I've seen it behaves more like a ceramic coating than most of the "ceramic coating" sprays on the market today. Moreso when combined with Sonax BSD.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

15. Likes noorth, CleanIT liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I've never used it personally and only applied it once. However, from everything I've seen it behaves more like a ceramic coating than most of the "ceramic coating" sprays on the market today. Moreso when combined with Sonax BSD.
    You have never used it? But applied it once? lol Just splitting hairs dude, yeah it does have very good beading behavior and its easy to use. A solid 3mths of protection.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast