2006 Toyota Sequoia - Comet Wash - Extreme Makeover - BLACKFIRE One Step

My friend Joe contacted me about bringing the shine back to his 2006 Toyota Sequoia. After looking at the original single stage white paint I determined that a solid Comet Wash followed by an AGGRESSIVE machine correction using BLACKFIRE One Step would do the job.

Apologies ahead of time I didn't take a lot of before shots or process shots, this was all about grunt work.

Process

In this order,

1. Machine scrub tires
  2. Clean wheels
  3. Machine polish glass before washing
  4. Comet Wash
  5. Dry car

After car was washed and dried,

1. Treat faded plastic trim
  2. Dress tires
  3. Machine sand headlights - buff and ceramic coat - Marine 31 Vessel Coat

Paint Correction

Step 1: Machine polish paint using BLACKFIRE One Step, RUPES 180mm Yellow Foam CP Pads and FLEX Supa BEAST on speed 6 PUSHING HARD for 8 to 10 section passes over each square millimeter of paint.

Step 2: Topped with PBL Surface Coating

Here's a few before pictures,

NOTE: The Comet Technique is ONLY for single stage paint. Do not use this technique on clearcoated cars.

Sorry, no action shots of the washing or any of the other steps I did.

Here's the hood before

Note at this point all of the rest of the Sequoia is done including machine polishing tail lights, re-polishing all glass with the BLACKFIRE One Step.

BEFORE

Here I used an Autogeek Cover-up Towel to cover and protect the dull, oxidized paint from any BLACKFIRE splatter.

Here's half and half...

REMEMBER - This is SINGLE STAGE PAINT - But look at the clarity, gloss and richness of color?

And here's how the paint looked before BLACKFIRE One Step...

Headlight Restoration

I machine sanded the headlights using Mirka Abralon #2000, #3000 and #4000 sanding discs then used Pinnacle Advanced Compound with RUPES wool pad on the FLEX Cordless Rotary Polisher to remove the sanding marks and restore optical clarity. After using the wool pad on the rotary I also used a foam pad on the FLEX Supa BEAST with the same compound to remove any holograms. The headlights were then chemical stripped, (in other words I used a Panel Wipe), and I applied the Marine 31 Vessel Ceramic Coating.

Here's the final results...

Exterior Plastic Polishing

All clear exterior plastic was machine polished using the BLACKFIRE One Step.

Topical Glass Polishing

All exterior glass was machine polished using Diamondite Glass Polish with a RUPES 180mm Coarse Wool Polishing Pad and the FLEX Cordless PE14 before washing. Later the glass was re-polished using BLACKFIRE One Step with a foam pad on the FLEX Supa BEAST.

Look how perfect the glass looks?

Not bad for a daily driver that is 15 years old and the last time it was detailed was 7-8 years ago...

Here's most of what I used...