autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: Griots pads

Post Thanks / Like

Griots pads

Good Evening,Has anyone used the Griots BOSS pads with another brand polishes, i really like the correction cream but have some competitors products to use up. Thanks in advance for any advise.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots pads

I'm sure they will work fine. Just match the product to the pad.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you need to worry about matching pads and polishes at all.

Lake Country makes great pads, but no liquid products and many people here, along with myself, have seen great results with all sorts of polish/pad combinations. Lately I've been using the Griots BOSS polishes on three different types of Lake Country pads and a Rupes pad and everything worked out just fine.

You can also changes things up a bit between the type of pad and the type of polish. On really hard VW paint, I found a compound on a polishing pad was the perfect one-step pairing, but I've also heard of people flipping that around and using a cutting pad with a finishing polish for the same type of conditions. Just let the test spots be your guide and try out different combinations.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

4. Likes SNP209, oneheadlite, noorth, PaulMys liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

You can use BOSS creams on any pads you have. And you don't nesessarily have to match a medium polish with a medium pad either.

Before i left to go back to work last week i was short on time so i decided to clay my bonnet and i then done a light polish with a medium pad, LC SDO orange and a fine finishing polish, gyeon primer.

I used the medium pad to try do get more swirls out. Its looks great. Perfect? Not close. But i have the one of the glossiest bonnets in the shipyard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rescuenut10 View Post
    Good Evening,Has anyone used the Griots BOSS pads with another brand polishes, i really like the correction cream but have some competitors products to use up. Thanks in advance for any advise.
    Short answer is yes. You can use any liquid with any pad.

Just make logical decisions. For example it's not common practice to use a finish polish with a heavy cutting wool pad.

If you want to share what pads you have and which other liquids we could give more specific guidance.

7. Likes oneheadlite, Desertnate, PaulMys, DUBL0WS6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely.

In fact, I used the Orange BOSS pads (made for their Correcting Cream) with 3D CUT on my cousin's neglected paint on his F-350. Perfect combo IMO.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Used the BOSS orange and yellow with CP Essence and Adam’s correcting polish with excellent results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

They will work on any polisher with any "quality" abrasive technology or even waxes and sealants.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been offline working and traveling and then I took a day off to recharge the batteries.

Who's going? Southern Detailer's Conference - June 5th & 6th - Lexington, Kentucky