autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 303 graphene longevity issue

Gee, I received it as a prize and haven't used it yet. Now I'm hesitant to. Maybe I ought to reserve it for wheels.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Gee, I received it as a prize and haven't used it yet. Now I'm hesitant to. Maybe I ought to reserve it for wheels.
    No reason not to try it....maybe your results will be better/different than mine. I'm one of the few people who dislike P&S Brake Buster, too....so maybe I just don't know how to use these products.....I'm always willing to admit it might just be user error.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not sure what problem you guys are having with the 3 03. I’m going on 5 months and it’s still beading and glossing well, yes my car is garaged but it’s driven every day/1500 Mi a month. I also run it through a touchless car wash about every two weeks and that has not diminished the 303.I do top it off with some Carpro elixir occasionally but the 303 is my go to for a sealant right now, I’ll use it every six months or so. Compared to some of the stuff out there, it’s also cheap.

The only downside I see with this product is if you don’t wash your microfiber buff off towel right away, it will turn that black. I also put it on with a black microfiber brick.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

The videos ScottHD has with this product doesn't look that impressive or even that durable. But its a spray so who cares. Just use it more often.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    I’m not sure what problem you guys are having with the 3 03. I’m going on 5 months and it’s still beading and glossing well, yes my car is garaged but it’s driven every day/1500 Mi a month. I also run it through a touchless car wash about every two weeks and that has not diminished the 303.I do top it off with some Carpro elixir occasionally but the 303 is my go to for a sealant right now, I’ll use it every six months or so. Compared to some of the stuff out there, it’s also cheap.

The only downside I see with this product is if you don’t wash your microfiber buff off towel right away, it will turn that black. I also put it on with a black microfiber brick.
    What you consider still glossy and beading may not be what others would consider the same. I’d be interested in pictures of 5 month old 303 beads if you can post...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I also run it through a touchless car wash about every two weeks and that has not diminished the 303.
    Could be that the touchless car wash isn't just spraying soap on your car. The car wash wants people's cars to look good when they leave so there might be some type of wax product added to the cleaning process.

7. Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do top it off with some Carpro elixir occasionally but the 303 is my go to for a sealant right now...
    I have no experience with 303 Graphene, but this comment caught my eye. The results you're seeing could be due to the usage of Elixr. I found Elixr to be surprisingly durable for being categorized as a QD spray. When used on bare paint (long story, never wanted it to be an LSP) I found it provide great LSP-like properties for nearly a month!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that comment might bring that type of response. No, I got at least four months out of the 303 before I ever started the elixir and it looked good…… if I get 4 to 5 months out of a product like 303 which is so easy to put on and get off, that’s enough protection and durability for me. I only used the elixir once and it was about two weeks ago. It definitely did amp up the gloss.
    Glen -

10. Likes Desertnate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post
    Could be that the touchless car wash isn't just spraying soap on your car. The car wash wants people's cars to look good when they leave so there might be some type of wax product added to the cleaning process.
    Nope, I always choose the “express” selection which is nothing but a soap and water rinse. They were servicing the facility several months ago and I stopped and talked to the guy working on it and he confirmed that express was just a quick soap and rinse, no Protectants or waxes.
    Glen -

12. Thanks dennis b thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Since this was posted in the

Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions forum group

Sorry I missed it when it was first posted, looks like it was late Friday night. 05-21-2021, 11:27 PM - I was already in bed.

I've applied this product to a number of cars but most of them I've never seen again. It is on my neighbor's 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid. It's parked under a carport most of the time.

I'll ask the owner when he's planning on washing it again and then ask him to pay attention to how the finish looks on the RAV4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast