autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beadmaker question

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I don't believe it has changed. Have you seen this video.
    Thanks again for posting that Guz. I do think I may be getting a mix of products on the paint and they're not getting along. Could be the Chemical Guys soap I've been using. I've used a very basic car washing soap for years and thought I'd try it. The information in the video seemed to confirm that we might be onto something here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, been busy creating new content - kind of kills my forum typing time.

I'm not much of a resource for this product as I don't use it. I'm sure it's as good as everyone says and we sell boat loads of it - but these types of products are for MAINTENANCE of cars already in great condition, new cars or cars you've already detailed.

I simply don't work on these types of cars. At least not the way my detailing business is set-up currently. All my work is on neglected, swirled-out cars bringing them back to show car status. So I simply don't have a need for these types of product, not just Bead Maker, but all the BEAD products in this category.

I've read though this thread and it looks like others have helped out with their suggestions.

Please do a follow-up and let us know how things go into the future.

Mike, thanks so much for the reply. I get some of the work like you're doing quite regularly as well. I just finished a 19.5 hour job on a '96 Ford Bronco. It was old and neglected and fought me all the way! Black post road-trip Aventador coming up later this week that should be a challenge but that's why I do this stuff! I try my best to get to near Pebble Beach perfect with compounds and polishes. I'll sometimes use a coating product after full correction but to be honest Beadmaker looks great and wears like iron. I'll sometimes final coat with that stuff and call it a day.

Mike Phillips

Re: Beadmaker question

Quote Originally Posted by BigGar View Post

I'll sometimes use a coating product after full correction but to be honest Beadmaker looks great and wears like iron.

Bead Maker wears like IRON?

If this is true - I'll have to check it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12