autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

303 Graphene issues

Hi mike
    I need some guidance I just watched your video and tried 303 Graphene, but I am having a harder time then I think i should to remove it.
    I did about a third of the hood and I don't believe I used too much, since I didn't see the sweating you mentioned. I let it set for about 10 mins ( I am in Arizona and its about 85 degrees) it seamed hazed. I am trying to remove with a Cobra 530 and I am seeing what looks like smearing and its hard to buff to nice shine without smears.
    Any tips or tricks you shared would be appreciated.
    Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 303 Graphene issues

I take it off after about five minutes, just enough to esee a little bit of haze. Never had a problem. I do one panel at a time. Usually when a product doesn’t act like it should, it’s because it’s interacting with something it’s already on the surface, another wax, pollen etc.…Also before you spray it on your applicator or even on the car, give the bottle a good shake. Also put it on out of the sun.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cdell View Post
    Hi mike
    I need some guidance I just watched your video and tried 303 Graphene, but I am having a harder time then I think i should to remove it.
    I did about a third of the hood and I don't believe I used too much, since I didn't see the sweating you mentioned. I let it set for about 10 mins ( I am in Arizona and its about 85 degrees) it seamed hazed. I am trying to remove with a Cobra 530 and I am seeing what looks like smearing and its hard to buff to nice shine without smears.
    Chuck
    Use a damp towel and see if that helps with the removal. Being in Arizona, I would remove quicker.

4. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by cdell View Post

Hi mike

I did about a third of the hood and I don't believe I used too much, since I didn't see the sweating you mentioned. I let it set for about 10 mins ( I am in Arizona and its about 85 degrees) it seamed hazed.

I am trying to remove with a Cobra 530 and I am seeing what looks like smearing and its hard to buff to nice shine without smears.

Chuck

Hi Chuck, Apologies for the late reply.

As I've noted numerous times on this forum - the 303 Graphene is a tick on the sticky side to remove. The chemist for this formula says that is in part because the graphene component is sticking to the paint - that's what you want.

I find a more stout towel works wonders with this product. Currently - my favorite compound, polish, AIO and even coating prep towel are these,

The Rag Company FTW Premium Orange Microfiber Towel

In fact I like them so much I ordered 40 for the garage. We used them in the recent boat detailing class to remove compound - worked great. Also to chemically strip the gelcoat.

Next we used them in my 3-day classes for all types of things.

6. Likes Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just redid my wifes car after our winter here in SW Pa. a Little grapy but I put a topper on for slickness. Very pleased with303G especially the price and what it does . As Mike says K.I.S.S method.

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to try a panel and let it sit for 5 min before buffing off. Plan on using Xtrem Topper for slickness as I don't like the stickiness.
    Its pretty warm now in AZ. so will haveto keep an eye on the time it dwells.