autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Coating Boosters

What is everyone’s thoughts on the use of a coating booster? I coated my car about 8 months ago with Pinnacle Black Label Paint Coating. Went on and looks great. When I wash the car I usually apply bead maker to it, but am thinking of using a coating booster periodically to increase the slickness and gloss.

Thoughts on this and if recommended, which booster you prefer.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coating Boosters

I just hit my wife's car that has about an 18 month old Xpel Fusion coating on it, with CarPro's reset, essence and reload treatments, after a nice decon wash...Couldn't be happier!

Post Thanks / Like

I’m a fan of boosters more than BM in a vehicle with ceramic LSP. I use Blackfire Booster and just tried WG Booster. Both make the paint very glossy and although I haven’t seen WG Booster under water yet, BF makes the undercoat behave new for awhile, but maybe only a couple weeks. It’s a thin formula. I would imagine WG lasts much longer based on it’s consistency. And would probably do very well on PBL.

And I’m a big fan of many ceramic sprays which can be used standalone or as boosters. There’s a ton of good ones.

5. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

If you keep the paint in really nice shape - the Pinnacle Black Label Surface Coating is a great maintenance spray.

It is a stand-along coating but I use it on the hood and front windshield after washing and drying my car. Sometimes I also hit all the paint and side glass from my belt or waist up.

Quick, fast and easy. Always impressive results.

See this thread,

Coated under 15 minutes using PBL Surface Coating

Here's the ket, cut out a section of a microfiber towel like this,

Draw and X across one side. This is the side you'll place your hand. Then use the other side to spread the coating. Have a separate clean, dry towel for the final buff. By using this small patch of cloth you don't fill it up with your expensive coating. And it works great. Try it and you'll see.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike, thank you for the suggestion. I ordered the PBL Surface Coating last week and will be trying it out within the next week or so. My question for you, since I already have the PBL Paint Coating on the car, and have been using Beadmaker, what should I do, after I thoroughly wash the car, before applying the Surface Coating? Do I need to use the Cleansing Polish (or will that affect the current Paint Coating)?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by engineerwolf View Post

Hi Mike, thank you for the suggestion.

I ordered the PBL Surface Coating last week and will be trying it out within the next week or so.

My question for you, since I already have the PBL Paint Coating on the car, and have been using Beadmaker, what should I do, after I thoroughly wash the car, before applying the Surface Coating?

Do I need to use the Cleansing Polish (or will that affect the current Paint Coating)?

Don't use the cleansing polish - just wash CAREFULLY with a normal car wash soap and then dry THOROUGHLY and then apply the PBL Surface Coating.

I'd recommend to wear nitrile gloves if you have any - in this time of Covid-19 they are getting harder to find. I don't know what's in all these coating type products but like Renny Doyle says,

If it's on your skin it's in you.

After application - notice how slippery the paint will feel. After it rains or when you wash you car notice how well the water beads-up. It's really a nice product.

9. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Don't use the cleansing polish - just wash CAREFULLY with a normal car wash soap and then dry THOROUGHLY and then apply the PBL Surface Coating.

I'd recommend to wear nitrile gloves if you have any - in this time of Covid-19 they are getting harder to find. I don't know what's in all these coating type products but like Renny Doyle says,

If it's on your skin it's in you.

After application - notice how slippery the paint will feel. After it rains or when you wash you car notice how well the water beads-up. It's really a nice product.

Hi Mike, thank you for the feedback. I will try it when the product arrives (assuming it is not too hot here in Texas). I'm really looking forward to testing this out and will provide my feedback when done.

Mike Phillips

Also - Use it on your glass.

I mist a little on my windshield after every car wash to maintain a hydrophobic surface.

12. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes TTQ B4U, Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Also - Use it on your glass.

I mist a little on my windshield after every car wash to maintain a hydrophobic surface.

Yes was going to use on the glass and trim as well. I have coated the paint, trim, rims, and glass. Very happy so far and looking forward to the added slickness from PBL Surface Coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by engineerwolf View Post
    Yes was going to use on the glass and trim as well. I have coated the paint, trim, rims, and glass. Very happy so far and looking forward to the added slickness from PBL Surface Coating.
    Did you use PBL glass/wheel coatings for the glass and wheels?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast