autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Coating Booster vs Blackfire SiO2 spray sealant for blackfire ceramic coating

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Actually, after thinking about it, it was the Pinnacle Black Label Coating Detailer and the Coating Booster that I had input on and that's where I shared the differences in abilities between a water-based and solvent-based detailer and booster and for these reasons, the PBL Coating Detailer is water-based and the PBL Coating Booster is solvent based.

I'm not sure about the BF Coating Booster but my guess would be solvent-based but I'm not sure.

Sorry for the confusion, was still early when I was typing.

Thanks for the clarification. I will say that the BF Coating Booster seems to take care if fresh water spots when I use as a drying aid. And it doesn’t small like solvent, rather a very strong men’s cologne which could be masking solvent smell, but usually it’s still noticeable. Maybe they followed the lessons from your input to PBL booster and kept this as water based... either way I swear it’s a great drying aid for PBL coatings.

Mike Phillips

Re: Blackfire Coating Booster vs Blackfire SiO2 spray sealant for blackfire ceramic coating

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post

Thanks for the clarification. I will say that the BF Coating Booster seems to take care if fresh water spots when I use as a drying aid. And it doesn’t small like solvent, rather a very strong men’s cologne which could be masking solvent smell, but usually it’s still noticeable.

Maybe they followed the lessons from your input to PBL booster and kept this as water based... either way I swear it’s a great drying aid for PBL coatings.

My guess is it's water-based, hard to find out. I'll ask but no promises.

The ability to wipe away the very TINY water marks left on car paint after washing and drying a car is a HUGE deal..

Why?

Because most OCD people I've met in my life HATE the tiny water marks. So the ability to remove them is important - to a "car guy".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12