autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike! Long time follower of you and need help! CORRECTING NSX Zanardi edition 1 of 50

Mike! Long time follower of you and need help! CORRECTING NSX Zanardi edition 1 of 50

Hey Mike I took a job for this upcoming monday (in 2 days)

This vehicle is a 1 of 50 vehicle... 1999 Acura NSX Zanardi edition... I will post pictures. I really want a couple tips to help with my confidence in going to complete this job.

It's original paint... The client wants it paint corrected but not to the extreme... We agreed on correcting about 50% (removing 50% of the cob webs)

I have foam... or MF cutting pads... Also have various other pads...

I use a PXE80 AND XCE 8 125 (just bought them recently from autogeek)

I have m105 / 205 I also have meguiars correction compound.. the d300 and 301 products.

Any suggestions for correcting this paint? Advice? The guy is going to be making a video of me doing this so that's another anxious factor! Maybe I just need to go there and pretend he's my friend and all will go well!

Anyway thanks for helping me out with pad / polish/compound ideas... and any advice you can give!

Regards,
    Josh Parkin

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mike! Long time follower of you and need help! CORRECTING NSX Zanardi edition 1 of 50

Mike Phillips

Re: Mike! Long time follower of you and need help! CORRECTING NSX Zanardi edition 1 of 50

Quote Originally Posted by josher View Post

Hey Mike I took a job for this upcoming monday (in 2 days) This vehicle is a 1 of 50 vehicle... 1999 Acura NSX Zanardi edition...

It's original paint... The client wants it paint corrected but not to the extreme... We agreed on correcting about 50% (removing 50% of the cob webs)

I have foam... or MF cutting pads... Also have various other pads...

I use a PXE80 AND XCE 8 125 I have m105 / 205 I also have meguiars correction compound.. the d300 and 301 products.

Any suggestions for correcting this paint? Advice? The guy is going to be making a video of me doing this so that's another anxious factor! Maybe I just need to go there and pretend he's my friend and all will go well! Anyway thanks for helping me out with pad / polish/compound ideas... and any advice you can give!

Regards,
    Josh Parkin
    Cool car

Mike Phillips

I use a FLEX XCE 8 125

I'm the worst at knowing a tool by it's part number.

Do you know it's nickname?

Post Thanks / Like

cbeast

Jim

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post

cbeast

I was getting ready to look it up but had to step out to the garage and shoot a PiXiE video real quick.

I will also update this article to include the part numbers.

FLEX Power Tools Nicknames - All cool tools should have a nickname - not a part number -Mike Phillips

Too bad all tool companies don't read forums like this one or figure it out on their own.

Mike Phillips

We agreed on correcting about 50% (removing 50% of the cob webs)

I have foam... or MF cutting pads...
    Stick with foam pads for the CBEAST. Foam pads with the CBEAST and M105 should remove 90% of everything. Then re-polish with the M205.

Should look amazing when you're done.

What do you have for foam pad?

For the CBEAST with the 5" backing plate I'm like the RUPES 6" pads the best so far. That said, being a gear-driven tool she'll turn and churn anything you put on her.

Mike Phillips

Just to add....

If this customer were mine, same situation - wanted about 50% defect removal.

I'd be using BLACKFIRE One Step. One and done. Will look freaking amazing when you're done.

You should be able to knock this out in about 5 hours from start to finish. Charge $495.00

Now if he wants a ceramic coating, then you can't use an AIO.

Just an comment on how I would do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Just to add....

If this customer were mine, same situation - wanted about 50% defect removal.

I'd be using BLACKFIRE One Step. One and done. Will look freaking amazing when you're done.

You should be able to knock this out in about 5 hours from start to finish. Charge $495.00

Now if he wants a ceramic coating, then you can't use an AIO.

Just an comment on how I would do it.

Awesome thanks so much Mike!! I appreciate all your help... I just got done with another detail. I will see if I can get some rupes pads and the blackfire AIO to me by sunday? I wonder if anywhere local to me sells those items.. I'm in your old neck of the woods irvine area. I'm excited to do this vehicle but get a little nervous as he will be watching me... let alone recording me. I actually told him $400 but I will definitely take what you said and this upcoming experience and price accordingly... (I think your pricing sounds good) a lot more work/risk in this than just a wash n' wax. I will definitely let you guys all know how the detail goes!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Stick with foam pads for the CBEAST. Foam pads with the CBEAST and M105 should remove 90% of everything. Then re-polish with the M205.

Should look amazing when you're done.

What do you have for foam pad?

For the CBEAST with the 5" backing plate I'm like the RUPES 6" pads the best so far. That said, being a gear-driven tool she'll turn and churn anything you put on her.

Foam pads I am using are chemical guys but I'm definitely open to other opinions so i'll try those rupes out... If I can't get them... or the Blackfire AIO by monday... I'll just have to go the m105 . m205 route followed up with a finishing wax.. . the black fire AIO sounds way easier... I hope I can get it local.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast