autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Spray Ceramic Recommendation?

I bought a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited a month or so ago as a play vehicle.

I thought, since it was used, and a toy, I'd not be too concerned with the paint and keeping it clean. I underestimated myself. I love detailing my vehicles and keeping them in great shape.

I've corrected the paint, removed the swirls, polished and waxed, and the black paint looks like black water. It's reflective and beautiful.

My only problem is that I'm washing more than weekly, because I'm driving it so much and taking it up into North Georgia and Great Smoky Mountains National Park on dirt roads and light trails. So, it's getting especially dirty. It's much easier to wash than my F250, and I can wash the entire Jeep in 20 minutes or less.

After every wash, I spray Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax. So, it stays shiny.

My only question is should I consider a spray ceramic coating/wax product? I saw a bottle of Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax at Autozone, and I've read about spray ceramic products on here from Blackfire and Wolfgang.

If it would allow me to simply spray off the dirt in between washes, or cut down on wash time, I'd love that.

I'm happy with the way it looks. But, a little better beading and ease of cleaning would be great.

Thanks for any advice or opinions on products.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray Ceramic Recommendation?

Assuming you plan on keeping it waxed (and depending what wax you have on it), the BF SiO2 Spray Sealant, or WG Uber SiO2 Spray Sealant, or Pinnacle Crystal SiO2 Spray are all pretty good for topping on non-coatings. There are others as well that can do that, but many of them prefer a bare surface which I do t think you have plans for.

I don’t think you’ll find anything that will allow you to clean the car with only a spray down, besides maybe “good enough” clean if you had a true coating on there... but the ceramic sprays mentioned above should make the wash easier and quicker.

Post Thanks / Like

My recommendation is to move up from QuickWax to Optimum Car Wax, which is in spray form. You can get a good 2 years from one bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    My recommendation is to move up from QuickWax to Optimum Car Wax, which is in spray form. You can get a good 2 years from one bottle.
    I'll check it out. My one love that keeps me going back to the Ultimate Quik Wax is that it can get on plastic, windows, trim....anything...and not stain with smudges or white residue. It may not be the best in the world, but it is definitely easy to use with every wash. Is the Optimum the same way, or does it require more care when applying?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by mayberry View Post

I bought a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited a month or so ago as a play vehicle.

I thought, since it was used, and a toy, I'd not be too concerned with the paint and keeping it clean. I underestimated myself. I love detailing my vehicles and keeping them in great shape.

I've corrected the paint, removed the swirls, polished and waxed, and the black paint looks like black water. It's reflective and beautiful.

My only problem is that I'm washing more than weekly, because I'm driving it so much and taking it up into North Georgia and Great Smoky Mountains National Park on dirt roads and light trails. So, it's getting especially dirty. It's much easier to wash than my F250, and I can wash the entire Jeep in 20 minutes or less.

After every wash, I spray Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax. So, it stays shiny.

My only question is should I consider a spray ceramic coating/wax product? I saw a bottle of Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax at Autozone, and I've read about spray ceramic products on here from Blackfire and Wolfgang.

If it would allow me to simply spray off the dirt in between washes, or cut down on wash time, I'd love that.

I'm happy with the way it looks. But, a little better beading and ease of cleaning would be great.

Thanks for any advice or opinions on products.

Hope you don't mind, I took your huge chunk of text and broke it up into smaller bite-size sections to make it easier for me to read. And probably others too.

6. Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Mike Phillips

My only question is should I consider a spray ceramic coating/wax product?

Yes.

See what I day and show in this thread,

Mother Natures Car Wash and Ceramic Coatings

And anytime it's not raining or going to rain, my wife Stacy would run this Honda through a Coin-Op car wash and BLAST it with water and BOOM! Clean and done and done fast.

I'd recommend using what I use because it works great and it leaves your car's paint SLIPPERY and SLICK. Most coatings leave your paint feeling rubbery.

I just coated the wife's new SUV and shared what I used for my reasons stated above.

Review: PBL Paint Coating & Surface Coating - 2017 IFINITI QX30 - Magnetic Red

In order to use ANY coating you'll need to re-polish the paint to remove everything that's on the paint so the coating can make a proper bond.

In the write-up I shared above - I used the new Dr. Beasley's Nano Primer because you can go straight to the coating after using it without having to chemically strip the paint. Cool stuff.

Here's my recent review on the Nano Primers.

Review: Dr Beasley's Nano Surface Primers and 1201 Paint Coating - 1947 Dodge Panel Delivery Streetrod

Post Thanks / Like

I’d recommending giving Griots Ceramic 3-1 a look. It is truly and underrated product. Looks amazing great water behavior and self cleaning.

Becoming one of my favorite products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

I’d recommending giving Griots Ceramic 3-1 a look.

I agree. Easy to use, works great. Leaves a slick feeling finish.

I posted a mini review somewhere? Can't find it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I agree. Easy to use, works great. Leaves a slick feeling finish.

I posted a mini review somewhere? Can't find it?

I remember reading it but i think it was under a vehicle you did and then you reviewed there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'll check it out. My one love that keeps me going back to the Ultimate Quik Wax is that it can get on plastic, windows, trim....anything...and not stain with smudges or white residue. It may not be the best in the world, but it is definitely easy to use with every wash. Is the Optimum the same way, or does it require more care when applying?
    OCW doesn't stain and is easy to apply on external surfaces. I never tried on internal components as I have PERL for that. In direct sunlight it's not great to apply and many products are like this so just an observation for you. I'll apply in the shade, cloudy days, etc... as I have no garage.. a little really goes a long way and too much product applied and you will have some streaking which can be knocked down easy enough. It's simply an awesome product. Some folks buck the lack of gloss but a spray wax that lasts 6+ months is an easy sale relative to the price.

I've done 1-steps with Mothers Reflections some years back - topped with OCW and got through the entire winter in New York on a GMC Acadia in 2009.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast