Real World Ceramic Coating Test by Mike Phillips

After using and writing reviews for these two products,

Review: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating

Review: Wolfgang Si02 Paint Sealant

I've been asked numerous times,

How long will this product last?

Of course my simple answer is shared in this article,

How long will a ceramic coating last on my car?

But because it is a good question as far as these two products are concerned I'm happy to apply both to one half of the hood of my car as well as a third coating and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and then simply let some time go by as well as the normal way I would wash and dry or wipe this car. If you read my article above, that's what it says,

How is the car washed? Or in other words, How is the car touched?

Real World Testing

Some of the cars I use products on, in fact a lot of them - I'll never see again. Also, some of the cars I work on, and in fact most of them are Garage Queens, like the 1967 Camaro in the above review for Wolfgang Si02 Paint Sealant. That is a true show car and most of it's life it's going to be inside a Man Cave owned by my buddy John. So to try to show how long the product will last on this type of car is not real world.

Mundane Daily Driver - Real-world Exposure

My own mundane daily driver does is in fact parked outside, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the hot South Florida sunshine. The ONLY time it gets some shade is partially on the driver's side and here at work after about 2:00pm and the building cast shade on the front of the car. But all-in-all, the car is parked outside and tortured by the sun. Here's some pictures to show how it's parked at home. (it is never actually parked under the awning as my wife's car is parked under the awning)

So today I'll clay and machine polish the hood on the Golden Eagle and then apply 3 different coatings to the passenger side half of the hood.

On the driver's side of the hood I'll apply the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

Stay tuned....

And for what it's worth, I've done LOTS of product testing in my life, much of it when I was at Meguiar's. While it's interesting, I kind of got over it because most quality brands will perform as advertised as long as the collective "WE" read and then follow the directions. Then after that, like mentioned above, WASH, DRY AND TOUCH THE CAR CAREFULLY.