I recently purchased Dr. Beasley’s Matte Wheel Cleanser & Matte Wheel Seal from the Autogeek.net website for my matte wheels. I also recently purchased a GOBI roof rack for my ‘18 4Runner & would like to prolong the life of this expensive purchase. The rack is black powder coated.

I was wondering if Dr. Beasley’s Matte Wheel Seal would be a good choice for me to protect the roof rack with? I would imagine so but wasn’t sure if perhaps any runoff, caused by (Florida) rain would be detrimental to my Toyota’s soft paint? I will be applying a Ceramic Coat on the Toyota before installing the roof rack so this may help.

I also sent this question to Dr. Beasley’s & they responded, “Matte Wheel Seal in theory could be applied to your roof rack, but I think you'd have a better experience using Matte Paint Coating. It lasts longer and has stronger hydrophobic properties, which is definitely important for rainy climates.”

I see that AutoGeek carries this product, however is it worth it to dish out another $50 in this case, or would the Wheel Seal work just fine? Obviously Dr. Beasley’s has my business in mind, and I know Mike is affiliated w AG but I feel he would offer an honest opinion.

I’ve searched the forums a bit but couldn’t find what I was looking for. Any thoughts are welcome.

(Link to GOBI rack in case more detailed finish info needed: https://www.gobiracks.com/product/gobi-toyota-4runner-5th-gen-stealth-rack)

-Glenn