Hi all,

I've been lurking on here for a few days. Googled everthing I can get my hands on and know just enough to be dangerous! That said, I'm getting conflicting info and it's hard to know what is accurate/right/true.

So here goes...

I live in a burb outside of Philly. I have a preowned 2016 Lexus RX350. Not a Mazerati, Lambo, Bimer, etc. But this is my baby and I love it. Upgraded from my 2010 RX. It needs some paint correction for sure. I've decided that I want a front end wrap and a ceramic coating. So many options. So are crazy expensive. I know there may be better quality options, but that seems to be each detailers personal opinion on what coating is best. I just can't spend over $2000. I've researched a bunch of places with good to great reviews; none bad. All but one guy are telling me this a 2 - 3 day process. Even the guys who DON'T do wraps... they say the coating process takes 2-3 days.

I have two guys I've narrowed it down two (mainly due to price... and yeah I know that shouldn't be my main decisioin point but it has to be) and here is where I am super confused....

One guy quoted a 3 stage paint correction, CQuartzUK coating (all exterior 2 coats, including wheels, and 1 coat of glass product on glass) and an interior detail plus a 'free' ion cleaning (car smells a tad like smoke) for $850.00 says he puts two people on the job and can have it back in a day and a half. "Won't comment on what other people do" when I questioned that 'everyone else' says it takes 2-3 days. He only doing the ceramic - doesn't offer the service of wraps. No interior option, because he says he doesn't offer those products and doesn't believe in them. Doesn't matter to me - don't want to spend more unless it's a wrap. No mention, YET, of any maintenance visits, etc. I can't seem to find where CQuartz demands that as part of the warranty process unless I missed something.

Second guy is providing a two step paint correction, Suntek PPL wrap on partial front end for $795. Then Ceramic Pro 5 yr, with 1 '9H' layer and 1 topcoat 'light', all exterior glass, plastic, rubber trim, wheels, brake calipers for $995 and because I'm doing both a $45 interior detail. He is giving me a 10% discount so around $1650 for all. Says wrapping the front end will boost that part of the warranty to 10 years. Interior was an extra $385 - not doing it. Required yearly check in, which is no charge IF ceramic is in good shape. $165 if it needs a boost. Says it will take 2 -3 days.

Both said they would use my factory brand touch up paint for any exisiting nicks - at my request before wrap and/or ceramic.

So the big question is the first guy only changed to a day and a half when he had to ionize the car due to smoke. Otherwise he said it's be done in one day. Everything I've read said the prep is the key and (to paraphrase) must take more time. Is that true? Or is the second guy only taking that long because he is adding the wrap in?

Obviously, I'd like to spend less money. I know, I know... you get what you pay for. The way I see it - something is better than nothing. I can have another guy do OptiCoat for $1400 (no wheels; that's another $300!), but couldn't afford the wrap. I think having both (even if Ceramic Pro is not all it's hyped up to be) is still better than no coating at all - right? This same guy has Paint Guard for $895.00 He says his products do NOT need to be reapplied and they are a "true ceramic". You see why I'm confused.

I've also read that a ceramic is a ceramic and they are all good - some have more pluses that others. Geez - what to believe?

Next problem - how the heck do you use two different places... one to get the wrap done first, not have damage in the travel process, get it to the guy whose going to do the ceramic? Then I'm paying two people to paint correct, each doing their own part? Seems to me like a bad idea - no? What is one is better than the other and now the car is mismatched as far as level of correction?

Finally - what's with the whole 'must stay out of contact with water for 3 days'?!? What if starts pouring as I'm driving home? Maybe most of your customers must have multiple cars... but this is my primary vehicle. I need it for work. Don't know that I can find 6 days to be without. I really want to do this, but the logistics seem overwhelming. Do I really have to rent a car to have this stuff done? Yikes!

Sorry so long. I'm detailed and I like to understand but this is getting hard to wrap my head around what is my better choice between the options noted above.

Any and all feedback is welcomed, but please don't tell me to spend more - I simply can't. My budget is $1600 max not just now - ever. I do not want to spend more than that on this car for these types of improvements so doing it later is not an option. $1600 all in - period.

Thougths?