autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cquartz UK 3.0 Prep

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    On dash, rear view, steering wheel, seat and do not wash autoplay mp3 loaded on radio
    Ha ha. I’ve had the car in a number of times and always tell them don’t wash it. This time the service provider just beat me to it. He said when he saw the car he knew that I didn’t want it washed.

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro recommends 2 coats of CQUK and max 3 coats. So I would go with apply at least the 2 coats/layers. Then you get the most out of it. You can up the longevity by little with a 3rd coat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GunRunner View Post
    Congrats on the new ride. As others noted, stick to polish vs all in one prior to the coating. I would use CarPro Essence on a light cutting pad for your specific polisher and then apply 2 layers of UK 3.0 There's no need to apply more than 1 or 2 layers. Personally, one layer of UK 3.0 and one layer of Gliss 2.0 work great. If it's a daily driver and especially if you see snow, you're likely going to re-polish and apply it all again in the next 1-2 years.

Should look great when done.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Congrats on the new ride. As others noted, stick to polish vs all in one prior to the coating. I would use CarPro Essence on a light cutting pad for your specific polisher and then apply 2 layers of UK 3.0 There's no need to apply more than 1 or 2 layers. Personally, one layer of UK 3.0 and one layer of Gliss 2.0 work great. If it's a daily driver and especially if you see snow, you're likely going to re-polish and apply it all again in the next 1-2 years.

Should look great when done.
    If I used CarPro Essence, would I need to use a polish or glaze after Essence and before CQ? Just trying to make sure I do it right and have the best correction before CQ. If it was a normal 3 step, I wouldn’t be as nervous but I know once I put CQ on, it’s pretty much there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GunRunner View Post
    If I used CarPro Essence, would I need to use a polish or glaze after Essence and before CQ? Just trying to make sure I do it right and have the best correction before CQ. If it was a normal 3 step, I wouldn’t be as nervous but I know once I put CQ on, it’s pretty much there.
    No, Essence is a primer for CQ UK so nothing in between the two. You can do a light IPA wipe after letting Essence cure but that may not be required though most choose to do just to be sure there are no oils left. Essence doesn't have much cut so if your paint is hard it might not remove the defects we see on those pictures. That would mean you need something more aggressive first and Essence after that. Wolfgang TSR might do it with an orange pad. Hopefully the clear coat is soft and Essence takes care of it in one shot for you.
    Bruno Soares

6. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Use Essence, or if it's not cutting it, use Carpro Clearcut then Essence. I've applied about 4 bottles of UK 3.0 to various paints and never really see any benefit from more than 1 coat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12