NEW FLEX Cordless 3401 aka the FLEX Cordless BEAST!

I present.....

The FLEX Cordless 3401

Bob Eichelberg and his team from FLEX North America and also from Germany shared this long-awaited tool at SEMA and because there's been a lot of buzz in the cyberworld as well as videos and pictures going around, I called Bob today and he gave me permission to fully let the cat out of the bag.

This is my personal Cordless FLEX 3401 presented to me by Bob Eichelberg himself at SEMA.

This is the Number #1 first-run production unit.

This uses the same head design as the current FLEX XFE7-15 aka the Finisher.

Like the Finisher, the cooling vents are in the backing plate, not the shroud.

FLEX Cordless tools use FLEX brushless technology

Here's the other side...

Here's the production run tag with the number 01001 - the numbering started with this tool.

Overhead shot...

Immediately after giving me this tool I wrote my name on it just in case someone chose to lift this tool before I could get it safely home.

And here's a shot of the corded FLEX 3401 next to the new cordless FLEX 3401

If you want battery life specs, see my original article on the cordless FLEX PE14 and XFE7-15 here,

Battery Time - FLEX Cordless Polishers - Real World Detail by Mike Phillips at Autogeek

These two cordless FLEX polishers were also gifts from Bob Eichelberg and FLEX Power Tools at the 2017 SEMA show

Thank you Bob and everyone at FLEX for your trust.

I already have a very cool swirled-out 2-door Chevy schedule to do the very first documented test of this new gear-driven, cordless FLEX polisher.