autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant or Pinnacle Liquid Souverän Car Wax?

Hi All,
    Let me start off by saying I'm lazy. I don't like to spend all my spare time waxing and detailing my cars. That said, I just picked up a 2018 Ford Ecosport which seems to have a large amount of plastic trim on the lower half of the sides and the entire rear surround below the door. I read the article about trim coatings and detailing which seems to say you need to treat the trims every month or so with Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant. That to me is too much work since a large portion of the car is that black plastic. I use Pinnacle Liquid Souverän Car Wax on all my leases and have found it to last at least 6 month between applications.
    So to the question; which should I use on the black plastic trim sealant or Pinnacle Liquid Souverän Car Wax?
    Thanks for your help,
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant or Pinnacle Liquid Souverän Car Wax?

Easy way out. Use one of the many aerosol trim products.

Mothers Back to Black Trim & Plastic Restorer

Trim detailing is not fun. I know. My Xterra is littered with it. But I took the time and used McKess 37 trim restorer with a Griots trim applicator pad. Now I know it will look good and be protected for several months.

BTW if you go aerosol, do it inside of a garage if you can. This will keep the overspray in control. And keep a few damp MF towels handy to wipe off any overspray.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Most likely the trim on your new Ecosport is PLASTIC and not vinyl...

WETS is easily the better choice, and using it twice a year when you wax the paint with Liquid Souveran will keep it protected and looking good.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

4. Likes The Guz, Hammer77, custmsprty liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Al,
    You are right it’s plastic not vinyl. Btw I couldn’t find Wets. Could you send me the link?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeci View Post
    Hi Al,
    You are right it’s plastic not vinyl. Btw I couldn’t find Wets. Could you send me the link?
    Thanks
    Here. I'm pretty sure it's also available in larger 8oz and 16oz bottles at the bottom of the page.

Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant, rubber trim sealant, rubber protectant, exterior trim products, metal sealer

7. Thanks BadgerRivFan thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Here. I'm pretty sure it's also available in larger 8oz and 16oz bottles at the bottom of the page.

Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant, rubber trim sealant, rubber protectant, exterior trim products, metal sealer
    Thanks,
    I guess there’s no excuse for stupidity then again I’m not big on abbreviations.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this again a lease vehicle?

With that said, and of course I can understand the desire to drive a decent respectable vehicle as it's a reflection of yourself, and the desire to not excessively tax yourself on maintenance, but with that all said, and that one day you'll be most likely turning the keys over, I myself wouldn't be going crazy on it with uber expensive products like coatings, etc.

To try keeping some $$$$ in pocket for other things might be my suggestions.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Point we’ll taken. All the products that I will be using on this lease I already have for my other cars that I own so there is really no out of pocket expense. Just the small amount of product used. I only go over a car with such care when I first get it home. My wife calls it a bonding ritual. After that it’s about every 6 months or so, a wash with a clay mitt then a coat of liquid wax.the rest of the time I run it through a car wash unless I feel I need some added exercise then I wash myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Ever consider CarPro D-Lux? It lasts longer than dressings and sealants. I used a bottle that was two years expired and it worked fantastic! And, a little goes a long, long way.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    Ever consider CarPro D-Lux? It lasts longer than dressings and sealants. I used a bottle that was two years expired and it worked fantastic! And, a little goes a long, long way.
    I’ll take a look at it. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast