autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Glaze-Wet Look

Best Glaze-Wet Look-dscn0777-jpg[HTML]

My buddy Butch, who owns a show winning black 1968 SS396 Chevelle has often never put anything on his paint, other than maybe Meg's #7 or #9 years ago. That was before he went through the entire car at least a 3rd time that I know of, and again another complete repaint recently.

Now the car sits covered, never driven, only trailered to shows, and the paint at this point wears basically zero, nothing. Except at the World of Wheels Show last month in Milwaukee, I seen him spritz a little Mother's Detailer Spray here and there as a touch up.
    (Sort of irked me, when I gave him a brand new Bottle of Pinnacle Crystal Mist Spray, figuring such would be superior to many bog box products)

BTW, he did take a best in show, 1st place restored class in Milwaukee. Not the first time for this full rotisserie restoration.

Looking closely at his car at the show, I did see what appeared to be just a minor sleek or two on the passenger fender, and what appeared to be just a slight loss of gloss on this single stage paint. I'd guess it was from once wiping with a less than stellar MF Towel, and wiping on the dry side, or?

I stepped back and thought that perhaps on certain areas of the car, something like Black Hole might rid, or should I say "hide" such very miniscule microscopic imperfections, amp up gloss, feed-enrich the paint and really make it pop and come to life.

The only downsides I would guess with a car like this, which I know is in the vicinity of value-appraisement of about 6 figures, is then getting product around and trapped by emblems, as a nasty telltale caking, and yet more slight damage from rubbing.

That even with the decent background and experience I have, and even perfect conditions to do such, like the heated garages this and his other mint cars of his reside in, that if he asked "me" do help him with such, I'd be doubting my expertise with dealing with such a concours quality ride, and would likely decline the opportunity.

Post Thanks / Like

Glaze is for the car shows, those who chase the Gloss God and those that are addicted to rubbing on their cars.

I am guilty.
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Black hole not meant for bright red paint? I was disappointed in it on my Camaro. I thought NXT filled in light swirls better.....for reference the black hole was applied with a DA and polishing pad.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    Is Black hole not meant for bright red paint? I was disappointed in it on my Camaro. I thought NXT filled in light swirls better.....for reference the black hole was applied with a DA and polishing pad.
    I would think it would work on any darker paint, but White Diamond may have worked better for you since it's designed for lighter colors.

When you applied it, what technique die you use? I found if I used the DA to simply spread it around, there was very little filling and it didn't work all that great. However, if I worked it in until the product seemed to disappear, the filling was actually quite good.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I've only ever used Black Hole by hand, probably the major reason was I could have better control of no possible risk of sling if I had used a machine, and being more precise with where I exactly wanted it.

Post Thanks / Like

Been almost a year, but I did 6passes per section. Three up an down, three side to side.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

Hi thanks for your feedback

Has anyone tried Chemical Guys glazes?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big fan of CG Glossworkz, EZ Creme, and I treat Black Light like a glaze too, all really easy to work with and they wipe down very cleanly with no oily residuals left behind. They smell absolutely fantastic! I really enjoy Poorboy's Black Hole and Prima Amigo as well, Black Hole is the best filler out of all I've used.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    I've only ever used Black Hole by hand, probably the major reason was I could have better control of no possible risk of sling if I had used a machine, and being more precise with where I exactly wanted it.
    Exactly what I did on the soul red and the BH didn't hide any swirls. I need to try it with DA may be Ill get better result. I did use other "super resin polish" with much success.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VeloNYC View Post
    Exactly what I did on the soul red and the BH didn't hide any swirls. I need to try it with DA may be Ill get better result. I did use other "super resin polish" with much success.
    Using Black Hole with a DA is no different than using a polish. It's the same consistency, if not a little thicker, than most finishing polishes so there is no greater risk of sling or spray. I used it with a polishing pad, and I *think* speed of 4 on my DA. If you work it until it mostly disappears, and then buff the area lightly, it should look really good.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast