autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Now that I have found a good paste wax, what kinda detailer

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    I missed that you already had a detailer to use. No experience with that one, but might as well use it up!
    Well I was using a water-less car wash that says it cleans polished and protects. it does a good job car is slick and shines but I'm not sold on the protection especially in Florida. never seems to bead in the rain or when car gets washed either.I really wanted something I believed was doing the job. griots makes me feel that way. in between I'd like a freshen up but don't want to eat wax. So I was thinking the mothers cause it's not a water-less car wash. is my thinking right? I am really just looking for something to shine up the car between washes that can spruce it up when its dusty...safely.

Post Thanks / Like

The car should still bead now, since the griots is applied, and with use of waterless wash or QD to clean between regular washes. The waterless wash and most QDs do not provide adequate protection to cause beading if used as a stand-alone. They should increase shine when used on top of an existing lsp. Therefore, it would seem fine to use what you already have in stock, on top of your current Griots application

Post Thanks / Like

I should have added: I believe all “touching” of your lsp (Griots Best of Show) will somewhat degrade it, but so will pollen, rain, snow, salt, etc. Just wipe lightly when using waterless/QD to degrade it less and enjoy the looks. The lsp will eventually weaken regardless but I believe cleaning to make it look nice is well worth the small amounts of deterioration to the lsp... otherwise the car will be dirty from the time soon after we apply the lsp until the time it naturally fades.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scanlon82 View Post
    The car should still bead now, since the griots is applied, and with use of waterless wash or QD to clean between regular washes. The waterless wash and most QDs do not provide adequate protection to cause beading if used as a stand-alone. They should increase shine when used on top of an existing lsp. Therefore, it would seem fine to use what you already have in stock, on top of your current Griots application
    Thank You.

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience using so many different Detailers over the years.... Pretty much all the same. I know I'm going to be lit up for this, but honestly, I can't tell the difference between them. They all pretty much apply and wipe off in the same manner. The car is streak free, with no dirt.... What else do I need? I have used Cure and Shine Supply Clutch on my coated cars... No visual difference from those to MGs Last Touch.. Sonax, or Gloss shop detailer. Once your car is corrected, polished, and sealed/coated/waxed.... All Detailers look, and act the exact same to me... Please correct me if I'm truly wrong about this. I'm a firm believer in the Placebo effect. We, by we I mean most of us on this forum, cannot go to a car show, or look at a nice car without judging the paint finish.. It's just how we are wired. I had a customer who's black CTS I spent 14 hours on, came to pick it up in his "show winning" (I'm not getting into that now) Orange Mustang GT. He was so happy with how slick and "shiny" it was because he just claybared the car for the first time... It looked dull and swirled up, but he felt so awesome because, by claying it, the paint was all of a sudden amazing (eye roll) My point is this, we all have our preferences when it come to the final product we roll a car out with, but is there really a difference?

6. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree in part. I do think certain QDs (crystal mist, blackfire QD) look a little better than the majority, especially when used synergistically with in-family products. This could be placebo, or maybe it’s not. My wife noticed how nice her car looked the other day (Blackfire QD on top of month old BlackIce Montan was). I wash her car weekly but this instance after applying this QD was cause for her to notice. It could have been the weather or coincidence, I’m not quite sure... but in my head, her compliment will contribute to my likeness for Blackfire Instant Detailer, placebo or not.

I do not notice much difference (placebo or not) with the majority of QDs in my arsenal (10+).

Post Thanks / Like

From an ease of use and appearance standpoint, Kenotek Showroom Shine is my favorite quick detailer.

If you're dealing with pollen like I'll be seeing in a few weeks, I wouldn't even try to keep the car clean with just a simple wipe down. Around here, cars will turn yellow over night, and I've watched it start building up while I'm washing my car! With that volume of pollen in the air and building up on my vehicles, I'll always go the safe route and simply bucket wash my car. I'll save the QD for random small smudges, bird droppings, and drying/post-wash water spot touch-up. With dark colored cars, constant touching/wiping down when there are abrasive particles on the paint is a recipe for swirls.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

9. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I recommend you stick to a waterless concentrate, cost saving and it works.

If you want a little more, then Sonax Brilliant is good, basically any would work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelzntoys View Post
    I recommend you stick to a waterless concentrate, cost saving and it works.

If you want a little more, then Sonax Brilliant is good, basically any would work.

Yeah I do have a water-less option that I have been using. I guess best way to think of it is it doesn't eat at my wax anymore than a regular wash.

12. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a pollen expert thanks to nearly 25 years living in the country in East Texas. If that is one of your main concerns I can recommend two products which have served me very well over the years: Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine and Poorboys Spray and Wipe. There are others of course but these are not too expensive especially when purchased in large size and they do a super job on not only pollen but light road grime, bugs and bird bombs. Can't go wrong with either one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast