autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Wall Mounted vac for mobile detailing?

Hey Mike or anybody else with an opinion, we have been considering going from a shop vac style vacuum to a wall mounted unit in our trailer. I'll tell you, I'm really getting tired of lugging the vac in and out of the trailer every job. We have power, most of our customers have power they offer us as well. Seems like it would work great with the 50' hose as we park typically no more than 15' from our jobs. We use the big Shop Vac model with a 20' hose and I typically set it up near one of the front doors and I can vacuum the entire vehicle without ever moving the vac, so it seems like 50' would be more than enough. For situations where it wouldn't work, I would probably still carry one of those small Ridgid vacs in the back of the SUV, you know for emergencies.

I have a ton of space to mount it, so that's not an issue. Somebody tell me if I'm crazy because I can't seem to find anyone else doing it. Thanks, Jon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wall Mounted vac for mobile detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    Hey Mike or anybody else with an opinion, we have been considering going from a shop vac style vacuum to a wall mounted unit in our trailer. I'll tell you, I'm really getting tired of lugging the vac in and out of the trailer every job. We have power, most of our customers have power they offer us as well. Seems like it would work great with the 50' hose as we park typically no more than 15' from our jobs. We use the big Shop Vac model with a 20' hose and I typically set it up near one of the front doors and I can vacuum the entire vehicle without ever moving the vac, so it seems like 50' would be more than enough. For situations where it wouldn't work, I would probably still carry one of those small Ridgid vacs in the back of the SUV, you know for emergencies.

I have a ton of space to mount it, so that's not an issue. Somebody tell me if I'm crazy because I can't seem to find anyone else doing it. Thanks, Jon
    I don't think your crazy, I've been researching same thing just for the shop, I in planning stages of building a new shop for detailing and would like to have as much equipment as possible mounted behind a wall, like a wall mounted pressure washing pump set up, vac, air compressor, anything I can get behind a wall to save on noise. Been trying to find strong vac system or how long a hose my ridged 6hp cart vac will still be effective, so I too will be interested in the replies.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk