autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Duraseal Coating Ceramic

Hi with this product they say it never has to be recoated for the length of the time you own the car.
    It is guaranteed for as long as you own the car

So what they are saying this product will last many years, e.g. 20 years if I keep the car for that long?

Thanks

Mike Phillips

Re: Duraseal Coating Ceramic

Quote Originally Posted by PeteT19640 View Post

Hi with this product they say it never has to be recoated for the length of the time you own the car.
    It is guaranteed for as long as you own the car

So what they are saying this product will last many years, e.g. 20 years if I keep the car for that long?

Thanks

From what you've shared, it does sound like what "they" are saying is that the coating will last as long as you own your car.

I think most people on average keep a car for about 3-5 years? Then they sell or trade it in? If this is accurate, (and I don't know that it is, just a guess), then for the average person, their coating "may" last as long as they own the car.

I'd suggest reading the fine print.

And remember... if it sounds to good to be true.... it probably isn't true.

3. Likes custmsprty, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Mike hit the nail on the head with this one. Duraseal, & at a guess, you're talking about the product made by TF Group in New Zealand, is "guaranteed" for the length of time YOU own the vehicle its applied to.
    They sell it with strict rules of what & how you're to to take care of it. Only to use their wash soap etc but apparently you can run it through a swirl 'o' matic style car wash with no chance of damage . . . apparently.

In my opinion - no ceramic coating in the industry will last the lifetime of said vehicle, not in the real world anyhow.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    From what you've shared, it does sound like what "they" are saying is that the coating will last as long as you own your car.

I think most people on average keep a car for about 3-5 years? Then they sell or trade it in? If this is accurate, (and I don't know that it is, just a guess), then for the average person, their coating "may" last as long as they own the car.

I'd suggest reading the fine print.

And remember... if it sounds to good to be true.... it probably isn't true.

Hi Mike just what I thought, if its that good why don't we replace clear coat with this.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Yeah, Mike hit the nail on the head with this one. Duraseal, & at a guess, you're talking about the product made by TF Group in New Zealand, is "guaranteed" for the length of time YOU own the vehicle its applied to.
    They sell it with strict rules of what & how you're to to take care of it. Only to use their wash soap etc but apparently you can run it through a swirl 'o' matic style car wash with no chance of damage . . . apparently.

In my opinion - no ceramic coating in the industry will last the lifetime of said vehicle, not in the real world anyhow.

Aaryn NZ.
    Hi Aaryn yea TF. Have you looked into this yourself?
    I was also told it can go through a automated car wash.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeteT19640 View Post
    Hi Aaryn yea TF. Have you looked into this yourself?
    I was also told it can go through a automated car wash.

Thanks
    Hey Pete,

Yes & no. Duraseal isn’t a bad product when it has been installed properly, in fact, that can be said for ANY coating but I wouldn’t take too much notice of their claims of how long it lasts, & I sure as heck wouldn’t run a car through a automated car wash be it coated or not.

I have installed my fair share of Duraseal over the course of my detailing career - actually, I’ve seen four generations of Duraseal & like I say, it isn’t a bad product but their focus has shifted to supplying dealerships in the last few years & unfortunately this is where the product has lost its “shine” so to speak.

I believe there are superior coatings out there for around the same price point too & even some that cost less.

Are you in NZ Pete? If so, where are you based?

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Since you're in NZ Pete, I would suggest you pick Aaryn's brains for what a coatings real protection level is. If clearcoat paint only has a half life of five years, how would a micron level coating survive forever? A micron level of actual glass wouldn't survive forever nor would a micron level of actual tank armour grade composite ceramic.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport